In light of recent complaints, it appears that Xbox players are experiencing an Xbox One update glitch whereby the console, instead of downloading a particular update for a game, redownloads the entire game. This problem is certainly not new as such cases were reported even last year. However, the occurrences were few and far in between so nothing became of it. Now, the glitch is once again on the rise and players can be seen complaining about it several forums.
I was able to find a picture of data usage of an Xbox player from last year. The glitch can be seen in action where the data consumption in one instance exceeds 705TB for a single month. This is catastrophic for someone who has a data cap on their internet connection.
Xbox One Update Glitch – Is there a solution?
Unfortunately, for now, there is no solution for the glitch. Microsoft has yet to address the issue. The only way to prevent it is to turn off automatic updates from settings. To do this follow the simple steps below:
- Go to your Xbox One Settings
- Select “System”
- Now go into “Updates”
Under Latest console update status, you will see the Games & apps box, here go ahead and uncheck the box labeled “Keep my games & apps up to date.”
This is only a temporary fix until Microsoft fixes the issue. If you happen to have a data cap on your connection then this might be the only possible solution for you right now.
Let me know in the comments if you have any questions or thoughts regarding the Xbox One update glitch.
You can also check out our latest Wolfenstein Youngblood guides for PC below.
- Wolfenstein Youngblood Switch File Size Revealed, Preorder Available
- How To Fix Wolfenstein Youngblood Crash Error On Touch-Capable Systems
- How to skip Wolfenstein: Youngblood Intro Videos on PC (Steam and Bethesda Launcher)
- How to Fix Unable to Join or Invite Friend in Wolfenstein: Youngblood on PC
- How to Fix Wolfenstein Youngblood Low FPS Issue on PC