Rage 2 is the sequel to the first Rage game that came out in 2011. It is a first-person shooter developed by Avalanche Studios in partnership with id software. The game is published by Bethesda Softworks. Rage 2 has been highly praised by critics for its graphics potential and sublime shooting mechanics, however, the plot and gameplay has been criticized as being too generic. In this article, I will be showing you how to fix Rage 2 Low FPS issue on PC.
Players have reported low performance on their PC when playing the game. As is now pretty much the norm, every PC release goes through a phase where it is unstable and fails to run at a desirable frame rate until a patch or a multitude of subsequent patches are released to mitigate such issues.
Rage 2 is a graphically intensive game and as such requires top of the line hardware to run at high settings. If you haven’t already looked at the official system requirements then you may want to check them out here.
How To Fix Rage 2 Low FPS Issue on PC, Nvidia, and AMD
First things first, make sure that you have the latest GPU drivers installed for your respective graphics card. Once you have done that follow the steps below to get the most out of your GPU and hopefully achieve a better frame rate in the game.
Fix Rage 2 Low FPS Issue on Nvidia Graphics Card
- Right click on your desktop.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Select Manage 3D Settings and select Rage 2 from the Program Settings and set the Power Management to Prefer Maximum Power
- In the same Nvidia Control Panel, you can change “pre-rendered frames” to 1, this improves performance on less powerful systems.
- Another useful tweak in Nvidia Settings is to turn shader cache on. In most cases, this would help improve FPS. You can always revert back to default settings should you notice any negative change in the performance of the game.
Fix Rage 2 Low FPS Issue on AMD Radeon Graphics Card
- Right click on your desktop and click on AMD Radeon settings.
- Then click on the gaming tab on the top left.
- You will see an option called “Power Efficiency” under global settings.
- Turn this option off.
Fix Rage 2 Low FPS Issue on Windows 10
- Type Graphics Settings in the Windows search box and open Graphics Settings.
Classic App should be selected by default. Click on Browse and select the .exe file of Rage 2 game.
- Now click on Options after it has been added and Select High-Performance option when it prompts the new window and then click Save.
- Now go to the installation directory and launch the .exe file of Rage 2 as an administrator. Avoid using the desktop shortcut.
Let me know in the comments if you any questions or thoughts regarding this article.
You may also want to check out: