Apple Watch has become an increasingly famous device by every passing year and has succeeded in becoming the most popular watch in the world. Apple has seen potential in this product and aimed its previous models at people who give dire importance to fitness and exercise regularly. The Apple Watch helped such people keep track of their activity, and compare their progress with their friends. But, if you want to use other features like getting your messages, and calls on the Apple Watch, you had to have your iPhone nearby. This was only until the launch of the new Apple Watch 3.
Now, you can use your Apple Watch 3 without having your iPhone at a close proximity. The Apple Watch 3 is available in several models including the Apple Watch Nike+, Apple Watch Hermès, etc. It now has a faster dual-core processor and an Apple wireless chip. The Apple Watch 3 also has a 16 GB built-in storage, and GPS. In addition to that, it also supports LTE, Wi-fi, and numerous languages.
If you someone who owns the Apple Watch 3, you can use several features without having your iPhone nearby.
How to Use Apple Watch 3 Without iPhone
How to Use Wi-Fi on Apple Watch 3
If your iPhone has been connected to your Apple Watch 3 before but is not in range at the moment, you can connect your Apple Watch to Wi-Fi networks that you have already used on your iPhone. Once you connect to one of these Wi-Fi connections, the Wi-Fi symbol will appear in the Control Center. And, you will be able to use the following features:
- Send and receive messages.
- Make and receive phone calls.
- Use Siri to send iMessages, get directions, etc.
- Keep track of your stocks.
- Control your home.
- Use apps that support Wi-Fi on your Apple Watch 3.
- Check the current weather.
How to Use Cellular Network on Apple Watch 3
In case you have had your iPhone connected to your Apple Watch 3 but do not have it nearby currently, you can still use your cellular network to make use of several features. When your watch is connected to a cellular network, the symbol appears in the Control Center.
Once your Apple Watch is connected to a cellular network, it can do the same things in the aforementioned list that it would be able to if it were connected to a Wi-Fi network.
What You Can Use if You Can’t Connect to Wi-Fi or Cellular
In case connecting your Apple Watch to Wi-Fi, cellular or your iPhone is not an option, you can still do the following things:
- Use the Workout App to track your workouts.
- Use the Activity App to track your goals.
- Play music from a synced playlist.
- Look at pictures from synced photo albums.
- Check your heart rate.
- Relax and breathe mindfully.
- Set and respond to reminders.
- Use Apple Pay to make purchases.
- See the time and use the Alarm, Timer, and Stopwatch apps.
- If you want to receive SMS, MMS, or push notifications from third-party apps on your Apple Watch 3, your iPhone has to be connected to Wi-Fi or cellular but doesn’t have to be nearby.
- Make sure Wi-Fi calling is turned on for your Apple Watch 3 when you are connected to Wi-Fi and want to make a phone call. Or try using FaceTime audio call.