The Tokyo Game Show 2018 is the Japanese event in which Japanese companies such as Capcom, Nintendo etc showcases their upcoming games. Most of the games releasing this year are playable on the respective booths of the company. Just now the Tokyo Game Show 2018 Awards concluded and here is the summary of the awards which you can read below for more details.
Tokyo Game Show 2018 Awards Results
Following are the results and coverage of the Tokyo Game Show 2018 Awards
- Grand Award:Monster Hunter World
- METI Awards (Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry): Nintendo Switch Development Team.
- Game Designer Awards: Gorogoa
- Global Awards (Local Product): The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
- Global Awards (Foreign Product):Call of Duty World War II
- Sales Awards: Dragon Quest XI
- Award for Excellence: Super Mario Odyssey, Undertale, Call of Duty World War II, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fate/Grand Order, Dragon Quest XI, Splatoon 2, Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds, Monster Hunter World, Fortnite
Most of the awards were kind of expected like PUBG, Fortnite, Splatoon 2 etc. These games were one of the best selling games for either Nintendo Switch or other platform. The thing which was unexpected is Call of Duty World War II taking two awards in a Japanese game show. The game won Global Awards as well as Award for Excellence. I’m so glad to see Undertale getting an award. The game is beautiful and the concept is so cute and awesome if you have not tried that I suggest you, give it a try. Finally the biggest award, Grand Award was taken by Monster Hunter World. It was not that surprising, to be honest.
Tokyo Game Show 2018 Awards Gallery
Check out some of the pictures taken during the game awards down below. Image credits Source Gaming.