A Plague tale: innocence is an action-adventure game developed by Asobo Studio for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The premise of the game follows the story of two siblings, Amicia and her younger brother Hugo, fighting to survive during the first phase of the Hundred Years’ War and Black Death. In this article, I will show you how to fix A Plague Tale: innocence Low FPS issue on PC.
In terms of gameplay, The game is a series of survival puzzles, mostly consisting of methods to scare away or distract the hordes of hungry rats, or direct them towards murderous knights. The main method of scaring rats off is fire, as rats will seldom enter within a radius of burning torches and braziers.
If you don’t have top of the line specs, chances are that your system will struggle with the game given the resolution and graphical settings you choose to run the game on. If you want you can squeeze out a bit more power out of your system by following a few simple easy tips.
How To Fix A Plague Tale: Innocence Low FPS Issue on PC, Nvidia and AMD
First off, ascertain that you have the latest GPU drivers installed for your respective graphics card. Once you have done that follow the steps below to get the most out of your GPU and hopefully achieve a better frame rate in the game.
Fix A Plague Tale: Innocence Low FPS Issue on Nvidia Graphics Card
- Right click on your desktop.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Select Manage 3D Settings and select A Plague Tale: Innocence from the Program Settings and set the Power Management to Prefer Maximum Power
- In the same Nvidia Control Panel, you can change “pre-rendered frames” to 1, this improves performance on less powerful systems.
- Another useful tweak in Nvidia Settings is to turn shader cache on. In most cases, this would help improve FPS. You can always revert back to default settings should you notice any negative change in the performance of the game.
Fix A Plague Tale: Innocence Low FPS Issue on AMD Graphics Card
- Right click on your desktop and click on AMD Radeon settings.
- Then click on the gaming tab on the top left.
- You will see an option called “Power Efficiency” under global settings.
- Turn this option off.
Fix A Plague Tale: Innocence Low FPS Issue on Windows 10
- Type Graphics Settings in the Windows search box and open Graphics Settings.
Classic App should be selected by default. Click on Browse and select the .exe file of A Plague Tale: Innocence.
- Now click on Options after it has been added and Select High-Performance option when it prompts the new window and click on Save.
- Now go to the installation directory and launch the .exe file of A Plague Tale: Innocence as an administrator. Avoid using the desktop shortcut.
Also check out
- How To Fix A Plague Tale: Innocence Crash Error on Touch-capable System running Windows 10
- How To Fix A Plague Tale: Innocence Low FPS Issue on PC, Nvidia and AMD
- How To Fix A Plague Tale: Innocence Ultra Wide Issue on PC
- How To Fix A Plague Tale: Innocence Memory Crash On PC