Alwa’s Awakening is a 2D 8-bit adventure game developed and published by Elden Pixels. The game is already available on Steam and now Alwa’s Awakening for Nintendo Switch has a release date, check out the details for it below.
Alwa’s Awakening for Nintendo Switch
Check out the announcement trailer for the Switch version below
From the description on the Steam page
In Alwa's Awakening you play as Zoe, a heroine sent from another world to bring peace to the land of Alwa. Equipped only with a magic staff she awakens in a distant land and must set out to help the people. Traverse dangerous dungeons, meet interesting and fun characters and explore the world in this 8-bit adventure game. Just like the old classics you won't have a flashing arrow telling you exactly where to go and what to do next. Instead you are free to find your own way and by using your magic staff you can progress through the over 400 unique challenging rooms in the game.
Alwa’s Awakening for Nintendo Switch Release Date
The game finally has a release date for Nintendo Switch and will be available on 27th September 2018.
We’re happy to announce that Alwa's Awakening will release on the Switch September 27! Please share/RT. #alwasawakening #8bit #gamedev #indiedev #nintendo #nes #NintendoSwitch pic.twitter.com/HzQOWqsn0l
— Elden Pixels (@EldenPixels) September 17, 2018
Here are some of the features of the game
- A retro game with an authentic feel– A new challenging NES-inspired adventure game with the authentic feel and look of a Nintendo 8-bit game. Inspired by classics such as Battle of Olympus and Solstice.
- Use your magic staff– Equip a magic staff that holds many mysterious powers. Use it to solve puzzles and defeat enemies in over 400 unique rooms. Upgrade your staff by finding new gemstones.
- You are Zoe– Play as Zoe who has been sent for to help free the land of Alwa. With easy to understand controls, you’ll jump and fight your way through the many different challenging rooms.
- Explore the land of Alwa– Explore a large interconnected map in true ‘Metroidvania’ style. Play the game any way you want and find your own way through the land of Alwa.
- Find new items and learn new abilities– Find and unlock a slew of different objects throughout the adventure that will both give Zoe new abilities as well as unlock new areas.
- An 8-bit soundtrack– Listen to a completely new 8-bit soundtrack with over 25 new original tracks composed by Robert Kreese. Also features a guest track by Prof. Sakamoto.
If you’re a Nintendo Switch user, make sure to check out the details about theSuper Smash Bros. Ultimate Special Editionas well.
Are you excited about Alwa’s Awakening for Nintendo Switch? Let us know in the comments below.