Huawei has officially launched the Huawei Y5 2017 in Pakistan today. Huawei is known the for producing state of the art phones at affordable price tags.
Huawei Y5 is the latest addition to the Huawei’s mid-range lineup and the company silently launched the phone in Pakistan. Pakistan is one of the first countries to get the phone.
Huawei Y5 2017 is the true example of value for money. It offers excellent specifications in very affordable price. It comes with Mediatek MT6737T chipset with Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU and Mali-T720MP2 GPU. The phone has a 2 GB of RAM which ensures smooth performance even on heavy multitasking.
It has 16 GB of internal storage which can be expanded by a Micro SD card. The primary camera is 8 MP, f/2.0 which takes excellent shots in bright daylight and even the low light performance is satisfactory. The front camera is a 5 MP unit which also has a LED flash.
The phone comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box which I think is a drawback as Android 7.0 Nougat is out for over 8 months now.
Let’s have a quick look at the specifications.
Huawei Y5 2017 Key Specifications
- 5.0 inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1280 x 720.
- 16 GB internal storage, 2 GB RAM, Micro SD card slot.
- 8 MP, f/2.0 camera with phase detection & laser autofocus, Leica lens and dual LED flash.
- 5 MP front camera with a LED flash.
- Mediatek MT6737T chipset.
- Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU.
- Mali-T720MP2 GPU
- 3G/4G compatible.
- Emotion UI 4.1.
- Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow) out of the box.
Price and Availability
The phone is available today in Pakistan and can be purchased from local markets for just rupees 15,999.