A Plague Tale: Innocence is an action-adventure stealth game developed by Asobo Studio and published by Focus Home Interactive. The game has received glowing reviews and has been praised by players as well. If you find the Chromatic Aberration in A Plague Tale Innocence off-putting, here’s how you can disable it.
Disable Chromatic Aberration in A Plague Tale Innocence
Chromatic Aberration is a visual effect used in a lot of modern games, and for most people, it’s very off-putting and nauseating. Some games give users the ability to disable it in-game, but a majority of them have it hidden behind post-processing settings in the game’s configuration files.
It’s the same case with A Plague Tale Innocence, where players can’t turn it in-game, but you can disable it with the steps mentioned below
- Head over to your system’s Documents folder and navigate to My Games > A Plague Tale Innocence
- Look for a file named “ENGINESETTINGS”
- Open it using Notepad
- Look for “Post Process”, and under it find the “Fringe” variable
- Change the value of Fringe from 1 to 0
- Save the file
That’s all you have to do, to get rid of the annoying Chromatic Aberration effect from the game, and the next time you’ll run it, it will give you the clean sharp image quality.
Remove other Post Processing Effects
Under the same Post Processing variables, you can also turn off the following settings
All of these settings can be turned off as well. The game can be purchased on Steam right now.
A Plague Tale Innocence Guides
While you’re here, make sure you read out other guides for the game
- How To Fix A Plague Tale: Innocence Crash Error on Touch-capable System running Windows 10
- How To Fix A Plague Tale: Innocence Low FPS Issue on PC, Nvidia and AMD
- A Plague Tale: Innocence Official System Requirements Revealed
Did this guide help you? Let us know in the comments below and share your thoughts.