Users prefer to unlock the bootloaders of their phone so they can have the perks of customization at its best. Various methods to do so are available around. Xiaomi’s new flagship, Mi Mix 2, comes with a locked bootloader by default for some genuine reasons. As Xiaomi doesn’t currently deal in all regions, there are strange things happening with the fake models. To know more about the issues it faced, read our previous article here. And to know the process to unlock Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 bootloader, keep going through this article.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 hit the markets recently in September. With a 5.99 inches IPS LCD Display with capacitive touch, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is an ultimate beauty to look through. Also, it comes with a 1080 * 2160 pixels and the popular around 18:9 ratio. Cherry on top, it comes with a Dual Camera that produces high quality images in seconds. Moreover, the camera has got enormous features like Phase Detection, Autofocus, and Dual LED Flash Tone etc.
Furthermore, it exhibits an Octa-core processor with Adreno 540 and Snapdragon 835. Coming towards the memory, it has 6 GB RAM with 64/128/256 GB or 128 GB internal memory with 8 GB RAM. Having the latest Android 7.1 Nougat in it, Xiaomi makes sure the performance is quite next level.
However, if you want to brick your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Mi has a solution for you. All you do is submit an application with real reasons in it and once they approve, you can unlock the bootloader. Follow the simple steps below and unlock the bootloader of your phone.
Guide to Unlock Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Bootloader
Firstly, you have to make sure your Mi account is synced with your phone. For that, you have to follow a few steps that are given below.
1) Login into your Mi account on the Phone app. For Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, login with the account you associate your phone with.
2) Click on settings > About Phone> Tap on MIUI Version for 4-5 Times and you will see a flash message saying that you have enable developer mode.
3) In settings, select Additional Settings.
4) Tap ‘Developer Options’
5) Click on Mi Unlock status from below
6) Once you’re on this page select, Add Account and Device.
7) Afterwards, your phone will start associating with the Mi Unlock app.
8) Once you are there, you will see this page.
These simple steps sync your phone with Mi Unlock Tool.
Unlock Xiaomi Phone Bootloader from PC
1) Visit the official Mi site in your browser. http://en.miui.com/unlock/
2) Tap on the ‘Unlock Now’ button and a login page will flash open in front of you. Fill your Xiaomi account’s login credentials there.
3) Fill in all the sections on the page below. Submit real reasons for unlocking and provide the correct contact details. Submit the application.
4) Once submitted, you will see this page. Now all you have to do is wait for the approval.
5) Click on this link to download the Mi Unlocking Tool. Install this app on your PC and make sure you login with the same credentials you logged in with before.
6) Power off your device, then press + hold power key & volume down key for few second and then release, it will take you into “Fastboot Mode” on the device.
7) Now Make sure the app is running on your PC with administrative permissions.
8) Stay connected to the internet as unlock tool will check your account with servers and then go to next window as shown below.
9) Once in Fastboot mode, connect your phone to PC with USB cable. As you can see in the below screen, it will warn you that all your data will be lost after unlocking.
10) After tapping on ‘UNLOCK’, it will take 10 to 15 seconds and your phone’s bootloader will be unlocked. Select the ‘REBOOT’ option from the page below and you are done with unlocking after the reboot.
Following the above steps, you can unlock bootloader of any Mi phone.