In the close battle of smartphones, there is another competitor. This time it’s Huawei with its Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro. Huawei has introduced AI in these phones to make them stand out of other Android phones. Huawei is using AI as their sale point to engage as much tech geeks as they can. This new AI feature will improve the users experience altogether. But with all these features the phone will still come locked. You have to unlock Huawei Mate 10 pro Bootloader yourself.
Mate 10 Pro has come with significant improvements in its design and screen tech. The phone has a 6-inch bezel-less display with 18:9 aspect ratio that makes it look similar to the Galaxy Note 8. The screen has an HD resolution of 1080 x 2160. It has a glass back instead for easy handling despite its larger size. Huawei has also introduced water resistance feature in this phone. This is the first time they have done so in any of their devices.
A fingerprint scanner is just along the camera on the back of the phone. There is a dual camera on the back, one of them of 20MP monochrome lens working in tandem and another one with a 12MP color sensor. The Mate 10 Pro will come with a powerhouse of 4000mAh battery which will be enough to see your day off. In order to completely enjoy your phone, you need to unlock Huawei Mate 10pro Bootloader. There is a number of ways to this and I will take you through simplest of the method. This method is Mi Global’s but you can unlock Huawei Mate 10 Pro as well. Simple steps to unlock your phone are as follows.
Disclaimer: We hereat TheNerdMag will not be responsible for any data loss or any damage done to your device during the unlock process. However, before posting the below method we do try and confirm whether this works as intended to or not.
Guide to Unlock Huawei Mate 10 Pro Bootloader:
Unlocking the bootloader will wipe your phone and may also void your warranty. So before proceeding please follow the pre-requirements in case anything goes wrong. After unlocking you will be able to root your Huawei Mate 10 Pro using TWRP recovery and SuperSU or Magisk.
Pre-requirements to Unlock Bootloader:
Before getting started just make sure you have followed the below important steps to ensure smooth upgrade and no data loss.
- Backup your Android phone or tablet first. Before doing anything just make sure you have up to date backup of your device data as well your files such as images, pictures, videos or documents.
- You can easily backup your Android device without any root or purchasing anything using this guide (Link). Download Super Backup and backup your android device for free.
- Have already installed ADB and Fastboot Setup on your PC. If not follow this guide.
- Make sure your device is at least 60% charged.
- Installed Huawei USB Drivers for your Phone.
- Have enabled USB to debug and OEM Unlock option from the device settings.
- Enable USB debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlock in Settings>Developer Options.
Unlock Huawei Mate 10 Pro Bootloader using Official Method and ADB:
- Create a new Huawei account or login here. (https://hwid1.vmall.com/CAS/portal/loginAuth.html)
- Open this “Unlock Bootloader Page” and accept the agreement after logging in.
- Some details will be asked from you like Phone Model, IEMI Number, Serial Number and Product ID.
- IEMI Number: Goto Settings -> About Phone or Dial *#06#.
- Serial: Settings -> About Phone -> Status.
- Product ID: Dial *#*#1357946#*#* and note it down.
- Model Number: Settings -> About Phone or Phone Box.
- Now submit the information and you will get an Unlock Code. (Example: 5822667581244265)
- From the Settings go to Developer Options -> Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- Connect your Mate 10 to your PC and wait for drivers to be installed.
- Now go to ADB and Fastboot Folder then do Shift + Right Click to select Open Command Prompt Here.
- Boot your phone into bootloader mode using this:
adb reboot bootloader
9. Now to unlock your phone enter this command in terminal using Unlock Code:
fastboot oem unlock <Unlock Code>
Note: Replace “<Unlock Code>” with the code you received from the website.
10. You will see a warning and prompt on your device. Select Yes using the Volume Keys.
11. Now restart your device by entering:
You have successfully unlocked your Huawei Mate 10 official. You can now customize your phone or install a custom ROM. Do let us know in the comments below if you face any problem.