Huawei P9 Lite, as the name suggests, is the lite version of the last year’s flagship, the Huawei P9. The phone will be supported by Huawei for software updates for at least 2 years from its launch date. But there are some custom ROMs available for Huawei P9 Lite and you might want to install them to have a different experience and to install them you have to unlock the bootloader first.
Here is a simple and easy guide to unlock the bootloader of Huawei P9 Lite.
- Make sure your phone is at least 40% charged.
- Make sure the ADB and USB drivers are installed on your PC. If they are not, you can install them by following this guide.
- Warranty of your device may no longer be valid if you unlock the bootloader.
- Enable USB debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlock in Settings>Developer Options.
- Go to Settings > About > Status and note down the IMEI & serial number.
- Dial *#*#1357946#*#* and note down the product ID.
- Note your model number from the phone box or from Settings > About.
Get your Unlock Code from Huawei
- Go to Huawei’s official website and register for an account. (log in if you already have an account).
- Go to Downloads > Unlock Bootloader.
- Fill out the form with all the information you collected.
- Note down the unlock code which will be shown on the same page.
Unlock using ADB
- Connect your phone with the USB cable to your computer.
- Type the command ‘adb reboot bootloader‘ in command prompt and hit enter.
- Your phone will be restarted and it will boot into bootloader mode.
- Now type the command ‘fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]‘ (for example “fastboot oem unlock 5822667581244265”) and hit enter.
- Your device will show a warning, select yes with the volume keys.
- Reboot your phone.
That’s it. You’ve unlocked the Bootloader of Huawei Honor 8. You can now root the phone and install custom ROMs.
If you run into any problem during the procedure, ask us in the comments section below.