For Pakistanis, 3G/4G is a complete new experience. Three major telecom operators has already launched the services commercially. Mobilink is still in trials. Hopefully, it will also launched the services in a week or two. The remaining Warid is getting ready to amaze all of us by bringing 4G LTE. The telecom operator successfully achieved 51 MBps speed in lab tests. The trial services will hopefully be started in few weeks. So, now the question is how to setup 3G or 4G on your phone?
Well, there are large number of handsets being used by Pakistanis. Most of them are Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Nokia Asha. First of all, you need to find out whether your phone is compatible with 3G or 4G service. This can be done be having a look on the specs of your handset. Afterwards, it’s time to setup 3G or 4G on smartphone.
How to Setup 3G or 4G:
The methods for different platforms is told ahead. They may vary a bit depending on your phone model or OS version. But well, still you can easily locate the setting.
Here is the tutorial to setup 3G or 4G on your Android handset:
- Head to Settings > Wireless and Networks.
- Now, click on ‘Mobile Networks’.
- Select ‘Preferred Network Type or Network Mode’
- Choose the desired services ‘3G or 4G’
The method is tested on Galaxy S2, may vary a bit for other handsets as told.
Now, it’s time to setup 3G or 4G on your iPhone or other Apple device. Have a look,
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Select the option ‘Cellular’.
- Enable ‘3G’ or ‘4G’ from the option.
The method is particularly for iPhone 4S. It may vary depending on the iOS version.
For Windows Phone:
Let’s setup 3G or 4G on Windows Phone device:
- Go to Settings > Cellular + SIM.
- Now click on ‘SIM Settings’.
- Select the option ‘Highest Connection Speed’.
- Choose the desired coverage ‘3G or 4G’.
This is for Windows Phone 8.1 version. The method might be bit different in previous versions.
Some Nokia Asha handsets also support 3G. Let’s setup 3G on them,
- Head to Settings > Device.
- Now, switch to ‘Network Mode’.
- Choose ‘3G’ or ‘Dual mode’.
As told earlier, the methods can vary to some extent. But once, you are headed to Settings menu, you can easily find the option for 3G or 4G. If still unable to find the option, ask in comments below.