If you guys may have tried to root your Pixel XL devices after updating your firmware to Android 8.0, you might have noticed that the typical rooting method doesn’t work on the latest Android Version. Well if that is really the case then don’t you worry. We have it covered. We provide step by step guide that will walk you through the process in how to get root access back on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Disclaimer: We here @TheNerdMag will not be responsible for any data loss or any damage done to your device during the upgrade or rooting process. You can proceed own your own, thought doing this will void your warrant (if any).
How to Root your Pixel XL on Android Oreo
Hello, eveyrone. Let’s just now talk about how to root your own device on Android 8.0 Oreo. I finished doing this on my own device so now I can for sure say that there are no issues in it and it works perfectly fine. I personally think that this process is very painless and is very easy. However ill not be responsible for any damage done to your device. Besides, I don’t think that anything wrong is going to happen. The steps will be very simple to follow.
Edit: Well it has been confirmed that SuperSu configuration is not necessarily required for Android 8.0, as the systemless SBIN is usually the default for Android 8.0 Oreo. Trust me I have seen this before but on the contrary, I have decided to do it anyway to be on the safe side. Below are simple steps for you guys to follow in order to Root your Android Devices.
Make sure before doing anything you back up your android phone and your data so in case something goes wrong you always have your precious data. You can easily backup your data using this guide without any root in 5 minutes.
- First, download the Modded TWRP, SuperSu, SuperSu Configuration and SuHide.
- Copy the modded TWRP to platform-tools. You can rename it however you like. I’m using twrp-oreo for now.
- Copy SuperSu, SuperSuConfig, and SuHide to internal storage
- Boot the device into bootloader (adb reboot bootloader)
- Boot into TWRP (fastboot boot twrp-oreo.img)
- Flash SuperSuConfig, then choose to add more zips. Choose the SuperSU.
- In the Aroma installer for SuperSuConfig, choose Systemless SBIN. For all other options, “I chose let SuperSu decide”.
- Boot to system
- Go back to bootloader and boot to TWRP
- Flash SuHide
And there you have it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy steps. That should do the job for you guys out there.