PUBG Mobile is the biggest game on mobile right now and it’s going to stay there for a while. While Fortnite and Apex Legends are more popular and are catered towards mainstream media, it seems that Tencent isn’t worried at all.
PUBG Mobile has the highest users on a mobile game
Tencent has released their financial statistics for the year 2018 and there’s some really interesting information in it, some of which we’ll share below
- Total revenue made from games: $19.13 billion
- PC game with the most monthly active users (MAU): League of Legends
- Smartphone game with the most monthly active users (MAU): PUBG Mobile
- Both games are developed or owned by Tencent
- The most popular game in China: Honour of Kings (attracted more than 75 million unique viewers for live broadcast esports event in December)
- Freeze on game approvals hurt stock value for most of 2018
- Tencent overall earned $45.56 billion in revenue (up 32% over 2017)
You can read their detailed Annual Results here.
Tencent is one of the biggest companies in the gaming industry and they have a lot of shares in the Epic Game Store as well. PUBG is just one of the games that operate under Tencent as there are tons of mobile, pc and online games that Tencent earns revenue from.
PUBG mobile isn’t only played on mobile, but also through Tencent’s official emulator for PC as well. That means that the free version of PUBG has tons of users as well that add up in the total users.
While you’re here make sure you read about our various guides on The Division 2 with fixes to improve your experience on both PC and consoles.
What do you think about this news shared by Tencent? Are you a fan of the mobile version of PUBG? Let us know in the comments below and share your thoughts.