Hi, folks it has been quite a long time since any jailbreak came for iOS after iOS 8.1.2. As Apple killed the major bugs responsible for jailbreak in iOS 8.1.2 with latest software update for iPhone, iPad and iPod. Luckily a jailbreak developer’s team “Taig” has found a way to jailbreak iOS 8.3 and previous version successfully. Taig has developed a public tool to jailbreak iOS 8 – iOS 8.3 for free in a quick way.
For those of you, waiting for jailbreak as they accidently updated their devices can cheer up. As iOS 8.3 is the latest update for iOS devices available yet is jailbreak too. Moreover, some of who are stuck at iOS 8.1.2 jailbreak or any previous version can also update their devices to get some bugs fixes that Apple issued and also jailbreak their devices as done previously.
To Jailbreak iOS 8.4 skip Update iOS 8.3 and navigate to this heading below: Jailbreak iOS 8.3 / iOS 8.4 [Updated]
We recommend you guys to update your iOS devices to iOS 8.3 and follow the guide below to jailbreak:
To update to iOS 8.3:
If you want to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8 can do it now before Apple again patches the iOS 8.3 jailbreak in next update. Once Apple releases new update then it will be hard for us to update to iOS 8.3. Download the iOS 8.3 update file for the appropriate link below:
iOS 8.3 Download Links:
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (CDMA)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 4s
- iPod touch (5th generation)
(Links Source: Redmondepie)
Follow this guide to upgrade: https://www.thenerdmag.com/ios-7-upgrade-guide/
Backup before Upgrading to iOS 8.3:
We recommend you to do a full back up before upgrading or jailbreaking your device jus for safe side. There is already written guide which you can follow from the below link (Written for iOS 6 but applicable to iOS 8.3):
Jailbreak iOS 8.3 / iOS 8.4 [Updated]:
- Download the iOS you want to jailbreak (if not already done) for you iPhone or iPad. Supported version of iOS 8 are 8.0, 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.2, 8.3 and iOS 8.4.
- Download iTunes 12.0.1 from this link ( This will fix Taig -1101 error. Remove any version above this one)
- Download Taig 2.1.2 from this link: Taig 2.1.2 Download
- Turn Airplane mode on ( if you get Taig -1102 error)
- Now extract and run taig in administrator mode by right clicking on it.
- Connect your iPhone 6, 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini or any supported device with iOS 8.3 installed.
- Now click on Start and wait for jailbreak to complete.
- After few restarts you device will be jailbroken.
For any kind of help or problem you can ask in below comments. Do share your thoughts about iOS 8.3 / iOS 8.4 Jailbreak.