Huawei P9 is the flagship phone of 2017 from the Chinese smartphone manufacturer giant, Huawei. It comes with a 5.5″ display with 1440 x 2560 resolution and a Dual 20 MP + 12 MP camera which takes excellent photos even in low light conditions. The phone comes with 64 GB internal memory and 4 GB RAM for smooth multitasking.
In this guide, we will tell you how to install the TWRP custom recovery on your Huawei P9. Installing a custom recovery has many benefits. It will let you root your phone and you’ll be able to install the custom ROMs on your phone easily. Custom ROMs give you many extra features that the stock ROM does not.
How to install TWRP Custom Recovery on Huawei P9
Follow this simple guide to download and install TWRP on Huawei P9.
- The bootloader should be unlocked on your device. You can unlock the bootloader on your Huawei P9 by following this guide.
- Make sure the ADB and USB drivers are installed on your PC. If they are not, you can install them by following this guide.
- Warranty of your device may no longer be valid if you unlock the bootloader.
- Make sure your phone is at least 40% charged.
- Enable USB debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlock in Settings>Developer Options.
- Download twrp-3.1.0-2-eva.img file (24.63 MB) from this link.
- Transfer the downloaded file to your phone with a USB cable.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Now go to the same folder where you installed the ADB in the above section.
- Press shift+right click and click on “Open Command Prompt window here”.
- Type the following command and press enter.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will now reboot and enter into the bootloader mode.
- When in bootloader mode, type the following command and press enter.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.0-2-eva.img
That’s it. The TWRP custom recovery is now installed on your phone. You can now safely restart your phone and enter the TWRP recovery mode any time by pressing Volume Down + Power keys together.