Mortal Kombat 11, as the name suggests, is the eleventh iteration in the Mortal Kombat franchise. The game has finally arrived on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch today. Having its roots in 1992, the Mortal Kombat Franchise has been growing for 25 years. The Mortal Kombat Saga continues with the eleventh iteration of the game and takes off where the prequel ended in terms of story. Today, I will share a few tips on how to fix Mortal Kombat 11 low FPS issue on PC.
People are sure to experience a few performance issues as is the case with pretty much any new game on PC. While most of these problems are fixed in subsequent updates, for now, you can do a number of things to make sure the game runs well.
As with all Mortal Kombat games, the eleventh part is no different when it comes to raw violence. The game features detailed close-ups of bone-shattering and blood splashing animations.
How To Fix Mortal Kombat 11 Low FPS Issue on PC
Following are a few steps you can take to get the best possible performance out of your system and to remedy your Mortal Kombat 11 Low FPS issue. Do note that if your system is handling the game well then you don’t need to tinker with many of these settings.
Download Mortal Kombat 11 Compatible Latest Drivers For Your GPU
This one goes without saying, whether you have an old system or a new one, downloading the latest drivers should be a top priority.
AMD: Fortunately, AMD has released specialized drivers for Mortal Kombat 11 and you can download it from here.
Nvidia: Nvidia is expected to released specially optimized drivers for the game as well, however, for now, you can download the most recent update from here.
Improve Mortal Kombat 11 FPS by capping Frame Rate using RivaTuner
This neat little trick has proven to work for many games. often times FPS of a game sees significant improvement if it is capped at a certain fixed value i.e. 60. Here is how you do it.
- Download RivaTuner Statistics Server,
- input your desired framerate limit in the “Framerate limit” box, and hit enter (the program comes bundled with MSI Afterburner and earlier versions of EVGA PrecisionX).
- Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU have the option of Nvidia Inspector, which can also be used to impose a framerate cap, either in a similar manner to RTSS or by way of forcing a different vsync interval (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Use exclusive fullscreen in Mortal Kombat
This one is pretty self-explanatory, for some unknown reason, games tend to favor exclusive fullscreen mode rather than borderless fullscreen.
This should help drastically with your Mortal Kombat 11 Low FPS issue.
Boost Mortal Kombat 11 FPS on Nvidia GPUs via Nvidia Settings Panel
If You have an Nvidia GPU, you can tweak some settings from “Nvidia Control Panel” to achieve higher fps.
- Right click on the desktop and then click on Nvidia Control Panel. Click on “Manage 3d settings” on the left. Now choose Mortal Kombat 11 from “program settings”. Now change Power management mode to “Prefer Maximum Power”.
- In the same Nvidia Control Panel, you can change “pre-rendered frames” to 1, this improves performance on less powerful systems.
- Another useful tweak in Nvidia Settings is to turn shader cache on. In most cases, this would help improve FPS. You can always revert back to default settings should you notice any negative change in the performance of the game.
Do let me know in the comments if you have a question.