Apple has released iOS 11.1 with improved bugs fixes. Download iOS 11.1 for your iPhone, iPad and iPod right now. iPhone was released 10 years ago. By iPhone, I don’t mean only a phone it had something which completely changed the way people used phones and it was iOS. When people say that they find iPhone convenient for them, the major reason for opting for iPhone is iOS. iOS has evolved a lot through these years but with the release of new iPhones this year the new iOS contains the biggest of the changes. The new OS is the mixture of all the additions or subtractions of all the previous operating systems.
With the recent launch of new phones by Apple (iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8s) they also launched iOS 11. Apple has made major updates to Control Centre, Siri, App Store, Keyboard, and Maps. You are now able to easily add or remove controls from Control Centre. Similarly, you are can change the arrangement of the controls as well. Siri is able to translate in 5 languages now, a built-in file system app has also been introduced in iOS 11, you can communicate with Siri while typing as well if you need any help in your writing. Another exciting addition is a default ad blocking feature in safari to stop different ad firms from tracking user moves.
It is a common understanding that people always for a thing to completely settle before they move on to it. Similarly, in tech people hesitate to update quickly to latest updates. Apple has been busy enhancing the iOS 11 and removing all the bugs and came with a couple of updates to adhere all the queries.
Download iOS 11.1 IPSW File (Direct Links):
You can now download iOS 11/11.1/11.0.3 on your iPhone or iPad and obviously the ones which are compatible. Following are the direct links to download the iOS 11.1 from Apple for your desired iOS device.
- iPhone 7 (iPhone9,1)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iPhone9,2)
- iPhone 7 (iPhone9,3)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iPhone9,4)
- iPhone 6s,iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus,iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE,iPhone 5s GSM,iPhone 5s CDMA
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch),iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation)
- iPad (9.7-inch)
- iPad Air 2,iPad mini 4,iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) (1st generation)
- iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (1st generation)
- iPad Air 1,iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
- iPhone10,4 (iPhone 8)
- iPhone10,5 (iPhone 8 Plus)
- iPhone X
You can download these update directly from iPhone and iPad as an Over the Air update. Or if you want to do the clean install of iOS 10.0.3 on iPhone you can download the file from the above links and follow the tutorials below to do the installation by OTA or clean method.
Download and Install iOS 11.1 using OTA method:
The simplest way to update your iOS is to directly download it using OTA method. But sometimes the clean method is inevitable to follow. The OTA method is easy and lesser complex hence its significance. Following is the guide to download the update using OTA method.
- In a device which already has iOS 10 installed and is iOS 11 compatible devices go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- After a while, a prompt will show up on your screen for iOS 11.x OTA update.
- Tap Download and Install start installing the latest iOS 11 version.
Download and Install iOS 11.1 using Clean Method:
- Get the latest version of iTunes and install.
- Go to Setting > iCloud > Find My iPhone and turn it off.
- Your device should be in recovery mode before you proceed further. You can do this by following this link.
- Connect your device to PC or Mac and open iTunes.
- iTunes will show your device in recovery mode, you need to install iOS then.
- Click on Restore while pressing “Shift Key” on Windows or “Option Key” on Mac.
- iTunes will ask you the iOS 11.1 file you want to install. Select the file download from the previous mention links in this guide.
- Now sit back and wait for iTunes to install iOS 11.1 on your iPhone or iPad.