Google just released an updated version of Play Store for Android TV which brings support for Android 7.1.1 and 4K video streaming. You can now watch 4K movies on your smartTV, chrome cast and Nvidia Shield. Along with high quality video support this update also brings improved method of download and exploring apps updates.
Moreover, this update also brings support for new android based smart TVs as well as standalone android streaming devices. You can download the latest version of Play Store from the below link if you haven’t received the update yet.
To install Google Play Store 7.2.13.J APK on your phone or tablet:
- Download the apk from the above link
- Copy it to your phone.
- From Settings -> Security enable “Unknown Resources” to install downloaded APK.
- Now using your favorite Android file explorer go to download APK location on your phone and tap on it.
- Android will ask to Install the app as new or overwrite the previous version retaining the data.
This app allows you download and install apps from Google servers on your Android device including phones, tablets, watch and android TV. You can browser and manage your apps form different categories made specifically for your device. Get app and games recommendation, movies and songs latest releases right on your TV.
Play Store Official Changelog:
- Android 7.1.1 Support for Android TV
- 4K Videos and Movies Playback.