Valve has announced some time ago about their take on the popular Dota 2 mod dubbed, Dota Underlords which was quite surprising as the majority of the gaming community thought Valve will not give their attention to the mod. The game is in early access and is free to play. The game has alliances and synergies which are very important for the players to understand in order to have a better and strong grasp on the game. Check out this article of Dota Underlords heroes tier list
What is Dota Underlords? A Quick Briefing
Before getting into the article here’s a quick briefing just in case you’ve missed the news or you’ve stopped playing Dota 2 for quite some time. It all started with the mod released in January by Drodo Studio which took the plays by a storm. After being too popular, Valve announced their own standalone version of the mod which was planned to release for PC, iOS, and Android. Since the developers decided they can’t work with Valve for creating a new game based on the mod.
Just like Dota 2, there are many strategies that you can select to get an edge on your opponents but to do that you will need to have a good understanding of the synergies and alliance. You can check which alliance a hero belongs to by the colored icon beneath them. Well before dragging things more here are the heroes tier lists ranked from best to worst to pick from.
Stacking different types of heroes will unlock certain bonus which you can use to your advantage to crush your opponent. This is exactly how you will be thinking of your strategy. Below you can check out the best alliances ranked from best to worst that exists in Dota Underlords.
Dota Underlords Heroes Tier List
Just like the mod itself, there are strong heroes as well as weak. Weak are common and the player can get them, in the beginning, to develop their strategies than to just wait for several rounds to get an edge on opponents.
There are a total of 23 alliances in Dota Underlords:
- Demon HunterDeadeye
The tier down below are already built into the game, The higher the tier the expensive and rare the hero is.
TIER – S [BEST TIER]
- Bounty Hunter
- Drow Ranger
- Ogre Magi
- Shadow Shaman
As the title hints, these heroes are the one who provides with an evasion buff when stacked up. Which the players can use for setting up as a defensive mechanism. As the enemy heroes cannot attack which mean they cannot restore mana. When they cannot restore mana they cannot use spells. You can stack up to 9 heroes to get the maximum bonus which is:
- (3x) Elusive units gain +20% evasion
- (6x) Elusive units gain +45% evasion
- (9x) Elusive units gain +75% evasion
Assassins are the heroes who do critical damage, and since the damage cannot be avoided this makes them stronger to counter Elusive heroes. The heroes also leap towards the front liners which you can use to eliminate the strong front liners with crits. Here are the bonuses when you stack assassins
- (3x) Assassins gain a 10% chance to critical hit for 300% damage
- (6x) Assassins gain a 20% chance to critical hit for 400% damage
- (9x) Assassins gain a 30% chance to critical hit for 500% damage
These heroes have armor which makes them tanky and many people think these are probably the best alliance which can be true in some situations. They can be paired up with healing units and magic resistance units. You can stack up to 9 warriors for the maximum bonus:
- (3x) Warriors gain +10 armor
- (6x) Warriors gain +15 armor
- (9x) Warriors gain +25 armor
TIER – A
- Chaos Knight
- Crystal Maiden
- Nature’s Prophet
- Queen of Pain
- Treant Protector
These heroes provide with a very basic but strong buff which is to decrease the armor of enemies up to 20. They can synergize with Assassins or Hunters or even Knights to deals lots of damage. You can stack 6 Heartless heroes to attain the maximum bonus:
- (2x) Decreases -5 armor of enemies
- (4x) Decreases -10 armor of enemies
- (6x) Decreases -20 armor of enemies
Lifesteal is an important mechanic which helps a unit to survive and do clutch plays. This helps a lot in prolonging a battle and a player can use this strategy to increase his/her defense to a significant amount.
You can stack a maximum of 6 warlock units to unlock maximum bonus:
- (2x) Allies gain +15% lifesteal
- (4x) Allies gain +30% lifesteal
- (6x) Allies gain +50% lifesteal
You can stack them up with high damage dealing heroes like Assassins or Hunters.
These heroes are not very tanky but this should not fool you, they can be very lethal in fights when stacked. They can be synergized greatly with the likes of Elusive, Heartless or other damage dealing units.
- (3x) 20% chance of rapidly performing 2 attacks
- (6x) 35% chance of rapidly performing 2 attacks
These heroes will increase the total damage of the allies. Which can be used with high tier alliance heroes like Hunter, Elusive, Assassins or whatnot. You can stack up to 6 Savage heroes to get the max bonus:
- (2x) Allies gain +10% attack damage
- (4x) Allies gain +25% attack damage
- (6x) Allies gain +45% attack damage
A player can use Savage heroes to increase the damage of tanky but low damage dealing units.
TIER – B
- Arc Warden
- Wind Ranger
- Sand King
- Shadow Fiend
- Phantom Assassin
These are the units which apply the silence debuff. Many of the units from other alliances like Knights, Warriors also belong to Human allaince. Silence might sound trivial but can change the tide of the game in later stages like any AoE stun which will interrupt and won’t allow the enemy units to cast any spell.
- (2x) Human units gain a 20% Chance to silence target for 4 seconds when attacking.
- (4x) Human units gain a 44% Chance to silence target for 4 seconds when attacking.
- (6x) Human units gain a 66% Chance to silence target for 4 seconds when attacking.
These units tend to deal the most damage out of any alliance in terms of DPS or raw damage. These units provide attack speed buff and you can stack 4 trolls to get the maximum bonus. Synergize well with Assassins, Elusive, Savage or Hunters. They can also be stacked with healing units or low damage dealing units to increase the total damage of your units.
- (2x) Troll units gain +35 attack speed
- (4x) Troll units gain +65 attack speed and other allies gain +30 Attack Speed
These guys provide the allies with magic resistance. The buff is easier to use as a maximum of 4 units required for the maximum magic resistance:
- (2x) Allies gain +30% magic resistance
- (4x) Allies gain +50% magic resistance
This is not much of an alliance but a single unit which a player can use on board. The point is you can stack the Demons with different alliances to destroy your opponents. The buff gets removed when there are more than 2 Demon units on the board.
- (1x) Demon units gain +50% pure damage. Active when you have only one type of Demon unit on the board
TIER – C
- Troll Warlord
- Dragon Knight
- Keeper of the Light
- Lone Druid
- Templar Assassin
This is one of the small alliances in the game with only three units which when stacked provides the Dragon units with full mana.
- (3x) Dragon units start combat with full mana
These units have magic and physical damage reduction buff. In order to take the maximum advantage of Knights, high damage dealing units should be placed near them as they are highly vulnerable to AoE stuns, damage and pure damage.
- (2x) Knight units take 25% less physical and magic damage when standing 1 cell away from another knight
- (4x) Knight units take 35% less physical and magic damage when standing 1 cell away from another knight
- (6x) Knight units take 50% less physical and magic damage when standing 1 cell away from another knight
These units apply a debuff on enemy units which will take away their magic resistance but they can suffer from units having high magic resistance.
- (3x) Enemies suffer -40% Magic Resistance
- (6x) Enemies suffer -100% Magic Resistance
These units provide an HP regen and armor bonus on any random ally unit. When stacked to maximum number these can be stacked with units having lifesteal or high resistance units to achieve great results both in the early game and late game.
- (3x) A Random ally is granted +15 Armor and +10 HP Regeneration
- (6x) Allies gain +15 Armor and +10 HP Regeneration
These units stack very well with Demon alliance units. As the buff can invalidate the opponent’s Demon alliance bonus but when three units are stacked these will not only invalidate the enemy’s Demon bonus but the ally Demon units will gain bonus damage. This strategy is a very solid if you’re investing a lot in Demons and Demon Hunters.
- (1x) Invalidate your opponent’s Demon alliance bonus
- (2x) Invalidate your opponent’s Demon alliance bonus. Demon units gain +50% pure damage
These units tend to attack the weakest units in the enemy. Any unit will make a difference in a battle if you see any Sniper or Gyro grab them quickly as they will eliminate weak units quickly and your units can focus on strong units. You cannot make a team out of this alliance as you can stack up a maximum of 2 units.
- (2x) Deadeye units focus their attacks on the lowest-health enemy
These units are quite good due to their huge HPs. These units are pretty good from early to the mid game but when high damage dealing units start to appear these units just fell apart.
- (2x) All Brawny units have their maximum HP increased by 200
- (4x) All Brawny units have their maximum HP increased by 500
TIER – D [Worst Tier]
These units are pretty much the kings of the early game due to their HP regen bonus and are quite cheap as well. However when huge damage dealing units arrive which is obvious at mid to late game the HP regen is not just enough to survive.
- (2x) Inventors gain +15 HP Regeneration
- (4x) Inventors gain +40 HP Regeneration
A lot of players tend to use this strat as no doubt the alliance is strong if you are able to upgrade your units to the early game they can last good up to the late game. The problem is besides Lone Druid and Treat the rest of the Druids are weak as individual units.
- (2x) The lowest star ally druid is upgraded a level
- (4x) The 2 lowest star ally druid is upgraded a level each
One of the best alliance you can use for the early game as the units when stacked to a specific count disarms the enemy units. Since enemies can’t attack they will not be able to gain mana. No mana means no spells. No spells mean no stuns or any debuff which is casted by abilities.
- (2x) When hit, Primordial units have a 30% chance to disarm melee attackers for 4 seconds
- (4x) When hit, allies units have a 30% chance to disarm melee attackers for 4 seconds
Also a good alliance for the early game as it can limit the enemy DPS in the very beginning. Falls off quickly in the late game.
- (3x) A random enemy is hexed for six seconds at the start of a round
The worst of all alliances as there are only two Underlords heroes who are blood bound as there is nothing much to achieve while having these units in the team. I have not seen anyone using these units at all.
- (2x) When a Blood-bound unit dies, all other Blood-bound units +100% attack damage for the rest of the battle
And here you have it. The list of all good to bad heroes and alliances and I hope this will really help you out to understand the basics of the game. Do let us know what do you think of this Dota Underlords heroes and alliances tier list down in the comments below.