CrossCode is an action role-playing video game developed by Radical Fish Games and published by Deck13 that came out in September last year. The game’s development began in 2012 and was later introduced as a crowdfunded project on Indiegogo in early 2015. Now, CrossCode for Nintendo Switch has been announced after the success of it on various platforms.
CrossCode for Nintendo Switch
The game was announced just now for the Switch during the Nintendo Indie Highlights, with a brand new trailer
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, here’s a short description and a bunch of main features of it
This retro-inspired 2D Action RPG might outright surprise you. CrossCode combines 16-bit SNES-style graphics with butter-smooth physics, a fast-paced combat system, and engaging puzzle mechanics, served with a gripping sci-fi story.
And here are the features
- Dive into a massive adventure with a playtime of around 30-80 hours
- Explore a large world with 7 unique areas and hidden secrets all over the place
- Fight over 120 enemy types including 30+ boss fights
- Enter 7 expansive dungeons, all with unique themes and puzzle mechanics
- Master over 90 combat arts and even more passive skills
- Solve over 100 quests with a great variety of tasks and unique challenges
- 60+ music tracks made by a rice ball (yes)
This is a game you don’t want to miss out on. It has an excellent Metacritic score, both by critics and users.
It’s priced at $19.99 on Steam, and expect the same price for the Nintendo Switch. It has been confirmed that you can buy this through the e-shop, but a physical version hasn’t been announced yet.
While you’re here, make sure you grab Distraint: Deluxe Edition for free from GOG.
Will you get CrossCode for Nintendo Switch? Let us know in the comments below and share your thoughts if you have already played the game.