Activision Blizzard has received massive criticism over their announcement of the next entry in Diablo franchise, which is a mobile game, called Diablo Immortal. While later reports suggest that an actual entry in the Diablo series, most likely Diablo 4 was pulled last minute at BlizzCon, it’s still very disappointing. Now a job listing suggests that the game fans are actually waiting for is being worked on as well.
Job listing for Diablo 4?
If you head over to the career’s section of Activision Blizzard’s website, you can see a new opening for a Quest Designer, for an unannounced Diablo Project.
Here’s what the listing starts with
The Diablo team is looking for a talented content designer with a combined gameplay and storytelling background to help us create play areas, quests, characters, and dialogue for an upcoming project. The ideal candidate must be able to collaborate within design, audio, localization, and engineering groups to efficiently and creatively implement quest-focused content and write compelling game narrative with a firm understanding of how story translates into gameplay.
This is clearly something that sounds like a more single player experience rather than what Diablo Immortal seems to offer.
Here are the rest of the requirements for the position
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay—specifically, the gothic fantasy of Diablo
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of quest design, including key gameplay concepts, pacing, and character voice
- Solid grasp of the styles of writing that work best for dark fantasy and gothic horror role-playing games
- Ability to craft quests, stories, characters, and events within a dark fantasy and gothic horror-based world
- Experience with world building and writing for role-playing games
- Able to communicate effectively, inspire creativity, and describe scenes to a wide variety of individuals and perspectives
- Able to work to maintain a positive attitude in a driven, highly collaborative and iterative team environment.
- Knowledge of successful intellectual properties in dark fantasy and gothic horror genres, and the ability to speak to what made them successful
- Experience with scripting languages like as LUA or Python
- Working knowledge of technical writing and editing
- Knowledge of and experience creating of RPG maps and points of interest within a shared world
- Experience creating and running pen and paper RPG campaigns, and/or live-action RPGs.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter, including:
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and console role-playing games.
Now, the last part is another important detail, they want someone who has experience with PC and console RPGs, not someone who’s familiar with mobile games, and how they work, so it’s clearly a normal entry in the Diablo franchise, and most probably Diablo 4.
While you’re here, make sure you read our review for Onimusha: Warlords Remastered.
Do you think this job listing suggests that Diablo 4 is in development? Let us know in the comments below.