A few hours ago there was a tip that originated from the gaming forum ResetEra. The tip suggests that on the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) database, there are currently 3 major projects listed. Scribblenauts Fiesta, Project Diana and Project Saturn. Could the WB Games Leaked suggest that these are the potential games that are being worked on right now?
WB Games Leaked – Could this be confirmation of a DC Game(s?) in the works
According to a tip received on the website, there are several listings on the screen actors guild database which suggests that Warner Bros Games has outsourced 2 games to Warner Bros. Montreal and Monolith studios. Warner Bros. Montreal could be working on a potential Wonder Woman game by the code name Project Diana as the real name of Wonder Woman is Diana Prince in the human world. Project Saturn could be a reference to the DC hero Saturn Girl.
While on the subject of discussing project names, this is the Batman Beyond Batmobile for Arkham Knight. You can see that during its development the game was called Zepplin. While many people are speculating that Zepplin is attributed to the iconic opening of Batman The Animated Series where the opening features Zeppelins in the sky.
As such, we shouldn’t be so quick to jump to Project Diana and Saturn being attributed to their main superhero persona and could be for the purpose of throwing off people who came across the name.
Wonder Woman: Circle of Light – Some hope of truth in fiction?
With that in mind, there was also an obscure 4chan leak that completely flew under the radar, because of it being a 4chan leak.
The details for the game are as follows: (thanks BernardoOne)
Wonder Woman: Circle of Light
Release date is October 8th, 2019. This date celebrates Wonder Woman’s first appearance.
- Game will be revealed at the Video Game Awards with an ingame cinematic trailer and will have an IGN exclusive gameplay reveal shortly after
- The game takes place in modern times, at the peak of Wonder Woman’s heroic duties.
- Two maps: Themyscira and Gateway City. The game is completely open world, with portals that transport you between the different worlds. No loading screens. These are two “separate” maps in which you can travel to at any given time, and each has its own side missions and secrets.
- The game is an Action RPG.
- The story revolves around Wonder Woman attempting to stop Circe from being set free from Hades and breaking the Source Wall to rewrite history. The history of the Amazons and Circe have been slightly reworked in the narrative. Circe has a cult that is helping her achieve her goals, both in Gateway and Themyscria.
- There is a multitude of villains/boss fights in this game, some of which aren’t directly tied to Wonder Woman. Here’s who he knows are villains based on trailer and gameplay reveal: Circe, Hercules, Doctor Poison, the Furies (guess), possibly Brother Blood (another guess) and Killer Frost (the boss fight teased in the gameplay reveal).
- Gameplay: The gameplay is similar to the Arkham games but has been revamped to fit the genre and Wonder Woman. The closest approximation is the new Assassin’s Creed combat formula, with Arkham’s flow. They implemented a combo system. You have three different kinds of attacks: fast, medium (lasso combos), and hard. Stringing these different attacks together gives you a combo. In addition to this, you also have a jump button which if you hold, will allow Wonder Woman to fly.
- They wanted the flying to give you a visceral and adrenaline reaction. Think Spider-Man’s swinging in the PS4 game.
- Another feature to combat is blocking.
- Combat trees. There are three trees: Lasso, Sword and Shield, and Gauntlets. You have two combat stances: regular (gauntlets, fists), and sword/shield. You can change stances in the middle of combat.
- You can unlock different weapon archetypes/stances later in the game, as bow and arrow is shown in the gameplay reveal.
- You can unlock and find new gear for Wonder Woman. Shown in the trailer is default, classic, a more Greek looking outfit with long braid, and jacket variation.
- Most environments are destructible.
Keep in mind that this is still a 4chan post. and has an equal chance of being true as much as it is false. So we do wish to say to take this with extreme salt.
On the note of what the potential projects could be, this is all just raw information we have at the moment. We will have to wait for 2019 to find out what Rocksteady, Warner Bros. Montreal or Monolith studios are working on.