There’s a large number of video formats and resolutions currently available for users to enjoy their content through. However, there’s a lack of support for the DVD format in the current era of Blu-rays, and WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is quite possibly the most optimal solution.
We’ll be going over the ways you can still make use of the DVD format, and enjoy movies at a resolution of your choice.
The Need for a DVD Player on Windows 10
If you’re using Windows 10, you probably already know this, but the Windows Media Player doesn’t support the DVD format anymore.
If you have a giant library of DVD films available, you’re out of luck, and that can be a problem.
Microsoft does offer a paid DVD player, but that’s as barebones as these get, with a lack of regional support, DVD decoding and various bugs like playback freezing.
It also has been reported to not ready DVD discs properly.
Ways to play DVDs on Windows 10
For now, there are two reliable ways of playing DVDs on Windows 10, that we will go through below.
The Free Method – 5KPlayer
You can watch DVDs completely free using the 5KPlayer with a limited number of features, but still much better than the Microsoft DVD player.
If you choose to download the 5KPlayer, you will get the following features.
- This DVD player will not cost you anything and is completely free
- The 5KPlayer is capable of playing DVDs from any region
- You can choose chapters during playback
- There is the ability to rotate the playback screen
- You can manually add subtitles for your current playback
- The player also the ability to take screenshots during playback
If you’re on a budget and want a more casual viewing, we recommend this one.
Digitize DVD to MP4 video with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
In 2020, digital content is where it’s at, and having a digital library is the optimal way to enjoy the content. This is why we recommend the WinX DVD Ripper Platinum.
Let’s go over all the benefits of this specific software.
- This will allow you to run dirty, damaged, and scratched DVDs (to a reasonable degree)
- You can save your DVD content directly into your hard drive, and use it anywhere
- Digital content doesn’t require you to insert your DVD disc every time
- All DVD formats are supported, whether those are old and new DVD movies, kids DVD, workout DVD, homemade DVD
- Remove DVDs with encryption like 99-title, CSS encryption and new UOP, Sony ARccOS, Disney X-project, etc
- Convert DVD to iPad, iPhone, Android, computer, TV, PSP, and 350+ devices
- 1:1 copy DVD content to ISO image and DVD folder without quality loss
- GPU acceleration is also available, allowing you to rip DVD at 47x faster speed
- Digitize a two-hour-long DVD movie can be done in just 5 minutes
- There is also an inbuilt video editor allowing you to cut, crop, merge video and extract audio from the DVD
- There’s also the option to add specific subtitles your current playback
This is definitely the optimal way of going forward while carrying your DVD collection and converting it into your digital library.
Since it’s original release in 2009, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum has sold over 70 million copies and is supported in the following languages
How to Rip DVD to MP4 with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum for Playback on Windows 10
If you choose to get the software, here’s how you can easily rip the DVD to the MP4 format
- Insert your DVD disc in the DVD supported drive and launch WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
- Select “MP4” in the output profiles
- Hit the “RUN” button to start DVD video conversion
That’s all you need to do to have your DVD converted into the MP4 format, that you can easily watch anywhere.
These are the best ways to play DVDs on Windows 10 in 2020. Have you tried these? Let us know in the comments below and share your thoughts.