Anticipation is on the rise as Samsung’s Galaxy S9 nears the date of an official announcement at MWC. Meanwhile, the popular designer Martin Hajek has published some new renders in what seems to be a Samsung Galaxy S9 vs iPhone X. Now, of course, the comparison of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S9 with the iPhone X is only logical seeing how both the phones currently represent the flagship tier of phones for their respective companies.
As always, the renders of the Samsung Galaxy S9 look beautiful and makes you wonder if we have reached the pinnacle of smartphone design as there seems to be hardly any room for criticism. However, better judgment still awaits the official launch of the phone.
Samsung Galaxy S9 vs iPhone X: Renders
While the iPhone X has been out in the market for a number of months now. The Samsung Galaxy S9 is due to be announced on 26th February 2018.
In the preceding weeks, a number of Samsung Galaxy S9 leaks and renders came out online so Martin Hajek probably had his work cut out for him. Nonetheless, the rendering work is amazing, to say the least, and this is what the man himself had to say:
“A sneak preview comparing the new Galaxy S9 with the iPhone X. Here are some preview renderings of the Galaxy S9 from Samsung alongside Apple’s iPhone X. I made both the 3D models and they are available online on Turbosquid.”
While it is true that Samsung Galaxy S9 doesn’t look all that different from its predecessor, the Galaxy S8, however, some major hardware changes will account for all the hype surrounding the release of S9.
Samsung has been teasing a newer and improved camera system for some time now on the S9. Apart from that, a faster processor is also expected in the S9. Also, rumor is Samsung is going to introduce an Animoji like Feature we saw in the iPhone X. This will undoubtedly be a popular feature among those who liked it on the iPhone.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Specs
from what is yet known about Samsung Galaxy S9, we have rounded up the specs below.
– 5.8in / 6.2in QHD+ Super AMOLED curved display (570ppi / 529ppi)
– Samsung 10nm Exynos 9810 CPU (4x 2.9GHz, 4x 1.9GHz)
– 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
– 3,000mAh / 3,500mAh batteries
– 64GB storage with microSD expansion up to 400GB
– Cat 18 LTE support (1.2Gbps download speeds)
– Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, front-facing iris scanner
– 12MP Dual Pixel camera with OIS (f/1.5, f/2.4) / Vertical dual rear-facing camera, 8MP front-facing camera
– Bixby AI assistant with dedicated button
– USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
– Stereo speakers
– Wireless charging support
– IP68 water and dust resistance
– Built-in FM radio
– Updated DeX docking station
– Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, and Coral Blue, Lilac Purple variants
Samsung Galaxy S9 Price
All of this, however, will not come cheap as it is expected that Samsung will bump up the price to about a $100 compared to what the Samsung S8 went for when it came out. This will put the Samsung S9 at around $820 and the Samsung Galaxy S9+ at around $950.
Let us know what you think about the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S9 in the comment below.