CAPCOM has announced that their next entry in the Resident Evil franchise has been codenamed “Project Resistance”, but we have reason to believe that it’s actually a remake or new entry of Resident Evil Outbreak.
Resident Evil 2 Remake is one of the best, and most successful titles of this year and CAPCOM’s confidence in the brand has never been higher.
Project Resistance is Resident Evil Outbreak?
Before we present this speculation, it should be noted that this remains in the rumor territory now, as nothing has been confirmed or announced.
CAPCOM has announced “Project Resistance”, and launched a brand new website for its upcoming reveal, but limited information.
Here’s what we know about it based on the website
- The teaser trailer will be revealed on September 9 at 3:00 PM [UTC]
- The game will be shown at CAPCOM’s booth during Tokyo Game Show 2019
- The gameplay will be shown at the booth as well
- The game is headed to PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam
Stage events are planned for the following days:
- September 12 from 12:30 to 13:10 JST
- September 13 from 12:00 to 12:40 JST
- September 14 from 11:50 to 12:30 JST
- September 15 from 15:30 to 16:30 JST
Now, the interesting bit is, if you head over to residenteviloutbreak.com, you’ll get an “OK” only as well. This is exactly what happened back when Resident Evil 2 Remake was being teased for its release.
We’ve taken a screenshot just in case it gets changed or updated
A moderator at ResetEra has contributed to this and confirmed that they’re told that this game is a 4v1 multiplayer title.
We’re very excited to see what CAPCOM has in store for us, and we have reasonable data to believe that this will most likely be a remake of Outbreak.
Update: Thumbnails for the YouTube Video
For now, this is still a rumor, and we’ll see what they show us in 11 days on TGS 2019.
What do you make of this announcement? Let us know in the comments below and share your thoughts.