Snowrunner is the next-generation vehicle simulation game developed by Saber Interactive and published by Focus Home Interactive. In Snowrunner the player takes control of heavy powered vehicles doing multiple missions on harsh yet breathtaking terrains. Besides being stress reliever, the issues are there which will ruin the experience. One of them is unable to launch but Here’s how you can try to fix the Snowrunner unable to launch error on PC.
How to Fix Snowrunner Unable To Launch Error
Developing a game is a difficult task and launching it on PC is also a great deal as the developers have to fix multiple issues occuring on different PC with different builds. One of the annoying problems is the game doesn’t launch at all. Here are some workarounds which you cant try to fix the issue on Windows.
First and foremost make sure that your system is able to run the game. Below are the minimum and recommended system requirements to run Snowrunner on PC.
MINIMUM AND RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS: Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit)
Processor: Intel i3-4130 3.4 GHz / AMD Ryzen 3 2200U 3.4 GHz
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics: 2 GB, GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon R9 270
Storage: 20 GB
OS: Win 7 64
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 6-Core 3.2GHz / AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8-Core 3.2GHz
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
System Memory: 16 GB RAM
Storage: 20 GB Hard drive space
MSVCP140.DLL AND VCRUNTIME140.DLL FILES ARE MISSING
To solve this issue, you will have to download install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC:
- Go to this link and download the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable update
- Download and run the vc_redist.x64.exe application OR download and run the vc_redist.x86.exe application (for 32-bit PCs)
VERIFY THE INSTALLATION OF FILES
This step has fixed many errors in many games. During the download, if your PC gets powered off suddenly which might’ve corrupt the files without your knowledge. To only re-download the corrupted files you will have follow the steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to SnowRunner in your Library and click on the three dots.
- Once open, click Verify in the drop-down navigation.
CHECK FOR WINDOWS UPDATE
- Right click Windows Start button and go to Settings.
- Click Update and Security.
- Click on Check for Updates button
UPDATE DISPLAY DRIVER
It is recommended to perform a fresh installation of the display driver whenever a game comes out to have the best possible experience. We recommend you to use Display Driver Uninstaller which is a driver removal utility that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind. Here’s how to do that:
- Install Display Driver Uninstaller
- Run the DDU setup application and extract the DDU folder.
- Restart your PC in safe mode.
- Open the Display Driver Uninstaller folder and run the Display Driver Uninstaller.exe application.
- Select the graphics card (AMD GPU or NVIDIA GPU) and click on the Clean and restart (Highly recommended) button.
- Install the new display driver.
AMD DISPLAY DEVICE:
- Install the Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Recommended WHQL or newer from AMD’s official website.
NVIDIA DISPLAY DEVICE:
- Install the 445.87 WHQL Game Ready Drivers or newer from Nvidia’s official website.
UPDATE THE AUDIO DRIVER
- Right-click on the Windows Start button > Device Manager.
- Open Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Right-click on the default audio device (e.g., Realtek High Definition Audio) > Update driver.
WINDOWS 10 INSIDER PREVIEW BUILD
SnowRunner may not be fully compatible with the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Build version.
Please note that the Windows 10 Insider Builds can be buggy and include unfinished features.
To opt-out of the Windows Insider Program:
- Right-click on the Windows Start button > Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Insider Program.
- Click on the Stop Insider Preview builds button.
Install the Platform Update for Windows 7 64-bit:
- Go to this link and download the required file.
- Download and open the Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu file.
Do let us know if you find any other fixes for Snowrunner unable to launch error we will gladly add that to our guide. You can also check out more guides for Snowrunner error fixes from this link.