id Software’s more anticipated first-person shooter Rage 2 just got released and if you’re facing Rage 2 system out of memory/out of memory error on PC here’s how you can fix it.
Rage 2 if not the most but it is the most anticipated release of 2019 developed by Avalanche studio conjunction with id software published by Bethesda. The game is the sequel to the 2011 FPS game developed by id, RAGE. The game met with mixed reviews some enjoyed the game which some criticized it’s stale and repetitive gameplay and cliched plot. Since the game is freshly released on PC and consoles players might face issues like system out of memory/out of memory on PC and here’s how you can fix that with the help of simple workarounds.
Fix Rage 2 system out of Memory/Out of Memory Error on PC
Rage 2 released today on PC via Steam and consoles. It’s a given that a new game which releases on PC will have glitches, bugs and performance issues. In case you’re facing Rage 2 system out of memory/out of memory issue on PC try the following workaround mentioned down below:
Fix Virtual memory for Out of Memory Error
- Press Windows + R and type in Control Panel in the run box to open the control panel.
- Select System and Security and then click on System.
- Now click on Advanced System Settings on the left side.
- On System Properties Window under the Advanced tab click on Settings
- On Performance Option Window under advanced click on Change
- On Virtual Memory window, uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- From the list, select the drive on which Windows 10 is installed. (C: in most cases is already selected) click to select the Custom size radio button. Now type the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile in megabytes (MB) according to the physical memory present in your computer.
How much memory should I set?
Now how to calculate Windows 10 Virtual Memory: Initial size is one and a half (1.5) x the amount of total system memory. Maximum size is three (3) x the initial size. So if a system has 8 GB (1 GB = 1,024 MB x 8 = 8192 MB) of memory. The initial size would be 1.5*8192 = 12288 MB and the maximum size would be 3*12288= 36864 MB. Similarly, for 16 GB initial size would be 1.5*16,384 = 24,576 and the maximum size would be 3*24,576 = 73,728 MB and so on.
Let us know down in the comments if this helps to fix the Rage 2 system out of memory/out of memory issue.