Persona 4 Golden is available on PC via Steam and is already in the top seller’s list. This just goes to show how big the PC market is for Japanese titles, and how seriously interested players are. For the most part, the PC port gets the job done, but some users have noticed minor issues. If you are encountering any form of Persona 4 Golden Cutscene Stuttering, here’s how you can fix it.
This issue is mostly being encountered by laptop users, but some PC users have reported it as well. We will be going over a few methods that can help you with this issues.
Fix Persona 4 Golden Cutscene Stuttering
Here are a few methods you can try to fix this issue
Method 1: Force the game to run on dedicated GPU
For some reason, the default GPU used by Persona 4 on laptops is your secondary one. To force the game to use your dedicated GPU, follow the steps below.
- Open your NVIDIA control panel
- Select Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings
- Click on the Program Settings tab and select Persona 4 Golden’s executable (P4G.exe) from the drop-down list
- Now, under Select preferred graphics processor, chose your NVIDIA GPU
Apply and exit
Method 2: Enable V-sync or set a frame limit
If you are running into cutscene stuttering enabling in-game V-sync seems to have helped a few players as well. You can also use external software to enable a frame limit like Rivatuner. Your frame limit value should correspond to your monitor’s Refresh Rate for ideal performance.
You can access v-sync in Display Options from the in-game settings.
While you are here, make sure you check out our other Persona 4 Golden guides as well.
- How to transfer Persona 4 Golden Vita Save Files to Steam
- How to set Persona 4 Golden Resolution above 1080p on PC (Steam)
- Persona 4 Golden System Requirements (Minimum and Recommended)
Was this guide useful? Let us know in the comments below and share your thoughts.