Bethesda has announced on Reddit that they will be releasing Fallout 76 patches soon enough which will make the game much more stable, smoother with a lot fewer bugs. Initially, two patches were announced one would go live on December 4th and the other one on December 11th. Bethesda just released the first big Fallout 76 patch 18.104.22.168 which would bring performance and stability improvements, balance changes, and many bug fixes to the game. But the patch also implemented stealth and health nerfs making the game harder which will cause the player to grind more than before.
Fallout 76 Patch 22.214.171.124 Release Notes Full Details
Instead of a huge patch, Bethesda decided to release the patches in two parts. The first patch just went live as we speak. The download size of the patch for console players is around 3GB while, on PC the patch size is just 36MB.
Here are the Fallout 76 Patch 126.96.36.199 release notes according to the official website:
- Performance: PC framerates are once again uncapped. However, reaching very high framerates will no longer cause movement speed to increase. This was originally fixed in the November 19 patch.
- Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.
C.A.M.P., CRAFTING, AND WORKSHOPS
- Stash: Maximum stash storage has been increased by 50%, to 600 pounds. This is a conservative adjustment, and we plan to increase the storage cap further in the future once we’ve verified this change does not impact the stability of the game.
- Workshops: Higher-level Resource Collectors now generate Ore instead of Scrap. Ore can be smelted into varying amounts of the related type of Scrap using some Acid at a Chemistry Station.
- Workshops: Resource Collector accrual rates and carrying capacities have been reduced for each resource, including Ammo and Fusion Core Collectors.
- Enemies: XP rewards for killing high-level creatures have been reduced.
- Bosses: Fixed an issue affecting instanced Boss loot. Players should now correctly receive 2-4 items per boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
- Weapons: Automatic weapon damage has been increased by approximately 20% across the board.
- Weapon Effects: Hitting another player with a Cryolator now applies a Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen status based on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have been significantly decreased.
STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
- Console: Fixed an issue that could cause the player to encounter an infinite loading screen when signing out of their console account while playing Fallout 76.
- Xbox: Addressed a crash that could occur when sending multiple team invites immediately after exiting Vault 76 to a player who is not a friend.
- Power Armor: Fixed an issue affecting Power Armor frames that could prevent the player from exiting their Power Armor.
- Nuke Silos: Flipboards inside Nuke Silos no longer display portions of launch codes too soon after the codes were reset for the week.
- Traps: Players can no longer continuously disarm the same grenade trap.
C.A.M.P., WORKSHOPS, AND CRAFTING
- C.A.M.P.: Moving C.A.M.P. locations will now correctly move standalone items built by the player into the build menu’s Stored tab.
- Workshops: On PS4, wires will no longer appear to float in mid-air when attempting to connect two or more objects.
- Turrets: Will no longer become invisible if the player is not present at their C.A.M.P. when their turrets are destroyed.
- Perk Cards: Ranking up a Perk Card will no longer cause a duplicate card to appear.
- Teams: Fixed an issue that could prevent a team from being correctly formed in a game world after creating the team on the Main Menu when both players are using new characters.
- Teams: Display durations for social notification have been reduced when many notifications are pending. This should help address an issue in which players did not see that they successfully joined a team.
- Mutations: The Electrically Charged and Unstable Isotope Mutations no longer provide the player with bonus Health.
- AFK: Players will now be disconnected from a game world after 10 minutes of inactivity and will be prompted with a timer 1 minute before being kicked.
- Atomic Shop: On PC, cursor position will no longer be disjointed from clicks in the Atomic Shop while using 16:10 resolutions.
- Enemies: Red crosshairs and enemy health bars will no longer persist on-screen when an enemy is no longer in view.
- Localization: Subtitles will now appear correctly, and English voiceover will play, for game clients in languages that do not have their own localized voiceover when listening to a Holotape or interacting with robots.
- Pip-Boy: Fixed an issue that could cause duplicate data to appear in the Pip-Boy’s Stat and Effects interfaces.
- Respawn: Dying while severely overencumbered will no longer remove all map markers when attempting to respawn. Instead, the player can now respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
- Quest Tracker: Quest objective notifications will no longer appear for inactive Quests immediately upon connecting to a world.
Stuff That Was Not Mentioned In The Release Notes
You may have read these patch notes a couple of time by now and you may wonder how it will make the game more difficult. Well, a user going with the name /u/comeinmymeowth made a post on Reddit which revealed the hidden changes which were not mentioned in the patch notes revealing the nerfs which were implemented in patch version 188.8.131.52. According to the user, the notes were compiled from multiple people who tested them in the game and probably not all of them will be 100% correct. (We have copy-pasted the patch notes as the OP posted in the thread so do expect typos):
- Production rates reduced to 10 per hour or 1 fusion core per hour
- Ammo production CAP reduced (400 to 200)
- Getting ore instead of scrap (stock up on acid)
- Lead in CAMP/Workshop is unaffected
- Fusion cores drain quicker, not sure by how much % increase.
- Grenade exploit removed
- “Search” exploit/glitch removed
- Cap stash exploit removed
- Anything past point has some people saying yes to and some no, so do not take these as 100% correct.
- Flux looted from blast zones expires MUCH much quicker (estimate 1 hour vs 5-10mins) (needs confirmation)
- Legendary spawns reduced and % of them having a legendary also reduced (static enemy spawn points are the same still in some areas) (might be due to enemy spawns with multiple payers being changed again, all in theory as we don’t have informative patch notes)
- Plans not being awarded as often for events (excluding the ones that have 100% rate for weps like patrols etc)
- The legendary effect that regens HP now restores AP (need confirmation)
- Characters over level 50 do even less damage to both PVE and PVP (need confirmation)
- Plan/Mod spawn rates have been reduced (need confirmation)
- Super Mutants and ghouls both seem to have either increased health or damage reduction (need confirmation)
- Enemies now have an aggro zone but when they leave it they regain health instantly
- SOME server hopping exploits removed (CONTAINERS stay looted, enemies/open loot still spawn, might be more changes) (container change was from the previous patch it seems was still not mentioned in either notes)
- Stealth and Melee have had around half the people say they feel being nerfed and the other half say they don’t.
- Stealth has been nerfed (level 50+ slightly less damage and enemies not aware of you regain health randomly) (might be a bug people are attributing to feeling nerfed) (probably a weird side effect from a bug it seems)
- Melee has been nerfed (level 50+ damage seems to be reduced haven’t checked lower levels)
There are many other threads which are similar to like these explaining how Bethesda is leaving its fans in the dark which will cause a huge blow on the company both financially and socially as people love Bethesda games doesn’t matter how many bugs their games had. But doing stuff like this will not do any good for the future products of the company. Let us know about your views on Fallout 76 patch 184.108.40.206 release notes down in the comments section.