Fortnite’s growing success is nothing short of an absolute achievement, surpassing PUBG’s concurrent players by a huge margin, introducing new skins, providing great performance and one of it’s most celebrated features, which is Cross play between consoles and PC. However, when the patch 1.9.1 was deployed, an account for console players was automatically created when the game was launched for the first time, obstructing them to create their own or log in to existing account. Below we’ll show you how to Cross Play Fortnite between PC and Xbox One.
Cross Play Fortnite between PC and Xbox One
Following are the steps you need to follow to be able to Cross Play Fortnite between PC and Xbox One.
- When you launch the game for the first time on the console and are in the lobby, go to epicgames.com to create an account. You won’t be able to see the display name because console automatically created one for you when the game was launched.
- Choose a new display name and enter your email address.
- Once you create the account, go to Account Settings and navigate to Connected Accounts.
- Link your Xbox Live account.
- Now you have to log in to a PC with the account you just created. You can either download Epic Games launcher on a PC and log in with your credentials or ask the PC friend to log in with your credentials. In any case, once you’re logged in with your credentials on a PC, send your PC friend a friend request.
- PC friend will accept the request, you’ll have to quit the game and relaunch it.
- PC player will go to friends list, right click on Xbox and select “Join Party”
If you followed the steps mentioned above correctly, you should be able to cross play easily now between Xbox One and PC.
If you are on PS4, check out this method.
Did this method work for you? Share your results in the comments below