It seems like the gaming client for PC had a bit of a bug where it displayed the promo for Apex Legends Battle Pass for Season 1 ahead of time. There has been a lot of speculation regarding the first season of the game, however, nothing was official until now.
Apparently, the Battle Pass will cost $10 to purchase or 950 Apex Counts. There will be a new legend released with season one of the game, however, there is some confusion whether you will be able to purchase the new legend with the battle pass alone.
Apex Legends Battle Pass Leaked Online, Costs 10$ or 950 Apex Coins
Let us clear the most confusions regarding the leak.
- The leak happened today but no, the battle pass is not available for purchase. It was an accident and later date will be announced.
- The initial cost of the pass seems to be $10 given that it is not changed later on.
- A new legend will be available when the first season of the game comes out, however, it is not yet known whether the new legend would be purchasable via the pass alone. Even if you could, you should also be able to earn them through the same credits you earn by playing the game. If nothing else, the battle pass also might include additional credits to earn, allowing you to earn the character faster.
- Unless something changes, players will still be able to earn any new legends by playing the game. This new character does not cost 10 dollars. A season one battle pass of cosmetic only items costs 10 dollars.
Respawn Entertainment’s Response Post Leak
Shortly after, the development team behind the game issued the following response.
So between the datamining and the unintentional update about Season 1 on Origin today, there’s been a lot of speculation and confusion so we wanted to give some clarity:
- We’ll be providing details on Season 1, Battle Pass, and the next Legend very soon. It’s not coming out today.
- There’s lots of stuff that has been datamined from Apex since launch and is swirling around the Internet. We know this stuff is fun to dig up and speculate about, but you should not treat any of that info as a source of truth. There’s stuff in there that is very old, or things we’ve tried in the past and cut–remember our design process is to prototype and play lots of ideas–and some of it may be things we’re still building for Apex Legends. Finding this stuff by no means confirms that it’ll ever come out. At best you should treat any posts about this as a rumor and the real info will come from us when we’re ready to show off what’s coming next.
Thank you to everyone for staying patient through this and hang tight. We’re excited to get Season 1 kicked off and having you grinding on that Battle Pass with a new Legend to master soon.
Let me know in the comments what your thoughts regarding Apex Legends Battle Pass leak are.