Microsoft has been under fire lately for their Windows 10 may update. The update apparently causes crashes and random freezing on AMD Ryzen CPUs. According to reports, it appears that these crashes stem from the incompatibility issues faced by the RAID drivers when running on the update. Fortunately, a possible fix has appeared online that mitigates the problem making the update compatible with the RAID drivers. Here is how you can fix the AMD Ryzen CPU crash issue caused by Windows 10 May update.
How To Fix Windows 10 May 2019 Update AMD Ryzen CPU Crash / Freeze
While this fix is by no means an official one it will still, however, fix the issue for you. I am sure Microsoft is working on an official fix with AMD but for now, this will have to do.
You will need:
- Windows 10 PC
- Ryzen/threadripper based PC
- Internet connection
- Basic knowledge of installing software
All you need to do is:
- Go here and download the latest RAID drivers.
- Install the drivers first before installing the latest Windows update.
- Once installed, simply restart your computer.
- Now you can download the May update and install it.
- Once the Update is installed you should see that there are no crashes or random freezing.
That’s it. Many people have reported that their Ryzen based PCs stop crashing once the new RAID drivers are installed. We will keep you updated when Microsoft decides to release a hotfix for the problem. Do let me know in the comments if you have any questions or thoughts regarding the process.
If you are a tech enthusiast, you may want to check out the recent iPhone XR 2019 leaks while you are here.