Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition just got announced with its details, however, more information for the Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition has been released, including a brand new trailer, release date, game details, pricing and finally some System Requirments.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Trailer
From the description
Take the journey, now in ultimate quality Get ready to be at the centre of the ultimate fantasy adventure, now for Windows PC. Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition boasts a wealth of bonus content, including content contained in free updates to the console versions as well as paid downloadable content originally available through the Season Pass.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Game Details
The game will include the following features and take full use of PC’s capabilities.
- An all-new dungeon – Insomnia City Ruins: Expanded Map
- New features such as first-person mode, new gear, and new bosses.
- Armiger Unleashed – after you collect all 13 royal arms, a more action-oriented mode of the Armiger is unlocked
- Royal Vessel – the boat from FFXV is now a controllable vehicle. The same body of water (between Cape Caem and Altissia) can now be freely explored.
- All season pass content – Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.
- Over a dozen pieces of DLC, including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets.
- The critically acclaimed game – FINAL FANTASY XV.
- Supports native 4K (maximum 8K) resolution and HDR10
- Mod support
- High-resolution compatible display required for 4K/8K
- Windows 10 Creators Update compatible display required for HDR10
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition System Requirements
|Minimum Specs||Recommended Specs||4K HDR Specs|
|OS||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 10 64-bit Fall Creators update|
|CPU||Intel® Core™ i5-2500（3.3GHz and above）AMD FX™-6100 （3.3GHz and above)||Intel® Core™ i7-3770（3.4GHz and above AMD FX™-8350（4.0 GHz and above)||Intel® Core™ i7-7700 （3.6GHz and above）AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600X （3.6GHz and above）|
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050AMD Radeon™ R9 280||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM Radeon™ RX 480||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti|
|Hard Disc Free Space on SSD||OVER 100 GB||OVER 100GB||OVER 155GB|
|Sound Card||DirectSound® Sound Card, Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos|
|Other||DVD-ROM／DVD-ROM Drive *, mouse, keyboard, gamepad**|
The free disc size seems reasonable for games coming out these days, due to 4k and even 8k textures, videos and other high-quality features that can only be implemented on the PC compared to the console versions, there is also support for modding which is always excellent and hopefully the game will make use of the Steam Workshop allowing users to create mods and letting others implement them with much more flexibility and ease.
Price and Release Date
The game will be released on 6th March 2018, the same date as the Royal Edition and will be priced the same as the Royal Edition as well, at $49.99. You can check out more details on its Steam page.
Are you excited about Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition? Let us know in the comments below