Despite Mario Kart Wii’s multiplayer functionality no longer being available. Mario Kart Wii on NVIDIA Shield will support Multiplayer. Of course, this is exclusive to China. Click here to read our article about how NVIDIA LightSpeed Studios ported Wii and Gamecube games to the NVIDIA Shield.
Several of the game’s details were revealed by NVIDIA here. Among the details were:
- Online multiplayer online gameplay, up to 12 players from China in each game (the original Wii version no longer supports online multiplayer)
- Local multiplayer with up to 4 players at a time.
- 1080p HD screen.
- Game progress saved via cloud storage.
- Optimized for SHIELD handles.
- Any SHIELD player who already owns Super Mario Galaxy can directly unlock the super popular character Princess Rosalina in Mario Kart Wii.
Very interesting that Mario Kart Wii on NVIDIA Shield could revive, arguably, one of the most popular racing games of all time. With a 1080p resolution rather than the 480p restriction of the Nintendo Wii, this is the best way to play Mario Kart Wii.
Mario Kart Wii on NVIDIA Shield is set to be played in a racing competition at the ChinaJay booth. This event will host some professional e-sports players and prize competitions.
Are you excited for the comeback of Mario Kart Wii on the NVIDIA Shield? Do you wish that it was brought to other places rather than just China? Let us know in the comments below!