Square Enix new patch has altered Shadow of the Tomb Raider ending. The direction the ending went was a mistake they said. Recommending players to install the patch to enjoy the game at its best.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Overview and Day One Patch Details
So the game has been released on PC on 14th of September and received numerous praise for its art direction, story, and game. Currently, the game stands on a solid 9/10 on Steam. Square Enix released a Day One patch for Shadow of the Tomb Raider and it will automatically install if you have the game on steam. Before getting into more details, here is the brief overview of the game according to steam
Experience Lara Croft’s defining moment as she becomes the Tomb Raider. In Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Lara must master a deadly jungle, overcome terrifying tombs, and persevere through her darkest hour. As she races to save the world from a Maya apocalypse, Lara will ultimately be forged into the Tomb Raider she is destined to be.
- Survive and Thrive In the Deadliest Place on Earth: Master an unforgiving jungle setting in order to survive. Explore underwater environments filled with crevasses and deep tunnel systems.
- Become One With the Jungle: Outgunned and outnumbered, Lara must use the jungle to her advantage. Strike suddenly and disappear like a jaguar, use mud as camouflage, and instill fear in enemies to sow chaos.
- Discover Dark and Brutal Tombs: Tombs are more terrifying than ever before, requiring advanced traversal techniques to reach them, and once inside they are filled with deadly puzzles.
- Uncover Living History: Discover a hidden city and explore the biggest hub space ever found in a Tomb Raider game.
Patch Notes Details
The patch includes several fixes notably improving the photo mode camera control. There are also minor fixes to bugs and glitches for making the game more stable. Check out the full Patch Notes below:
- Steam Controller support (and the use of the Steam controller configuration UI) now has to be explicitly enabled in the gamepad options menu.
- This is intended to not have it interfere with the native Xbox 360, XboxOne and PS4 controller support, no matter how Steam is configured.
- We recommend leaving this option disabled unless you intend to use the Steam controller.
- Some improvements to photo mode camera control, including bugfixes for when axis-inversion is being used.
- Fix for a helicopter getting stuck in place at high framerates.
- Fix for a texture issue encountered on some machine/setting combinations.
- Improvements to stereoscopic 3D rendering.
- Fix for a problem where the camera could unexpectedly turn away when Lara hangs on a ledge.
- A variety of smaller fixes related to functionality, performance, and stability.
Altered Shadow of the Tomb Raider Ending After Patch
Many of the players who purchased the game has reported that the Shadow of the Tomb Raider ending has been altered after the release of Day One patch. Here is what Enix has to say,
Unfortunately, one of the directions that were considered, but not chosen, was mistakenly included in the game. The Day One patch fixes this error, along with many other improvements. As always, we highly recommend that our players install the patch to enjoy the complete and most up-to-date experience.
A player played the unpatched game again for 4 straight hours to record the alternate ending in HQ (I salute his patience).
I was unable to find an ending for the patched version. Tried youtube but all were very long so try it for yourself. Video credits to the poster who originally posted the thread on Shadow of the Tomb Raider forums. You can check his post here. That’s it! That’s the end of the post. Did you guys enjoy about knowing the alteration of Shadow of the Tomb Raider ending after the patch hit the game? Post your views and opinions about alternative Shadow of the Tomb Raider ending down in the comments below.