Warcraft 3 Reforged is now officially available on PC, and for the most part, it runs fine. However, if you’re facing the Warcraft 3 Reforged Unable to initialize Audio Device problem, here’s how you can fix it.
Players are facing a bunch of issues right now, and we’ll do our best to help you through them.
Fix Warcraft 3 Reforged Unable to initialize Audio Device Issue
If you’re running into the following error
“Unable to initialize audio device. Please ensure your selected audio format and audio drivers are up to date.”
Here are a few things you can do to mitigate it.
Change Speaker Mode
Try changing the speaker mode from Quadraphonic to Stereo. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Right-click your taskbar’s Speaker icon and choose Playback Devices.
- Click your speaker or speaker’s icon and then click the Configure button.
- Now, click the Test button, adjust your speaker’s settings, and click Next.
- After this, click the tabs for any other sound devices you want to adjust. When you’re through adjusting, click the OK button.
This particular method has worked for most players.
Uncheck ‘Disable all sound effects’
You’ll need to make sure the following option is unchecked.
- Right-click on your taskbar’s Speaker Icon.
- Click on Troubleshoot Sound Problems.
- Select your audio device, and it will bring up “Turn off Sound Effects and Enhancements”
- Select “Yes, Open Audio Enhancements”
- This will open another window for your sound device, It should be
- under the enhancements tab, make sure “Disable all sound effects” is unchecked
Uninstall Nahimic VR Driver for MSI
Users are reporting that uninstalling this MSI feature has also allowed people to play the title without this issue.
These methods should help most players get into the game without the error.
Blizzard has responded to the issue, and are assisting players in whatever way they can.
Did any of these methods help you? Let us know in the comments below and share your thoughts.