CEMU is the one and only Wii U emulator that is being routinely updated and is fairly stable. CEMU emulator enables you to experience a number of Wii U titles on your PC including the famous Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Those of us who don’t own a Nintendo Switch or Wii U console can experience Legend of Zelda on our gaming PC using CEMU. This is true for many other titles as well. Just recently, CEMU 1.15.0 has been released and with it, a bunch of improvements and features have been added to CEMU.
As is the case with every CEMU update, the update is made available to Patreon backers first and to the general public in about a week. The very talented and dedicated team behind CEMU have routinely added fixes and new features to the emulator. This is currently the only emulator that is being maintained and improved at a regular pace.
Let us see what the new update brings with it.
CEMU 1.15.0 Released: What is new?
In this update, the devs have added a new feature called PowerPC Debugger. This feature’s primary function is to enable modders to develop independent patches for games, such as dynamic FPS patches (for 60FPS on 30FPS titles), and other.
Furthermore, configurable Graphical Overlay has also been added to the new update which means that users will no longer have to rely on third-party tools to display system statistics.
There are other additions as well so let’s look at the complete changelog released for the update below.
Added PowerPC Debugger
Great for development of patches for games, such as dynamic FPS patches (for 60FPS on 30FPS titles), and other.
(If our community steps up to the plate to make them.)
Supported features so far:
Disassembly and memory view
Breakpoints and stepping
Support for live patching of PPC instructions
Partial support for symbols (Cafe OS functions are named)
Added configurable Graphical Overlay
Shows information regarding system statistics without the use of 3rd party tools.
Current available stats include:
Cemu CPU usage
Total CPU usage per core (global)
Drawcalls per frame
Added file replacement (mod) support via Graphic Packs
No longer have to replace internal game files to use mods. (I will be making a full pack for Zelda in the future.)
Compatibility & misc improvements.
- A variety of miscellaneous bugs and improvements get fixed each version.
- general: Minor changes to logging
- general: Added debug option to dump Wii U RAM to files
- PPC/JIT: Improved support for code invalidation
- input: Added a low battery warning for XInput wireless controllers (Win8+ required)
- input: Overhauled deadzone and axis range calculation
- input: Added button threshold setting (applies if an axis is mapped to a button)
- gfxPacks: Added support for file replacement via graphic packs
- gfxPacks: Variables of type double are now always inserted into the shader code as a valid GLSL double
- snd_core: Added API AIGetDSPSampleRate and AICheckInit
- nn_acp: Fixed ACPGetNetworkTime incorrectly returning a 32bit timestamp instead of 64bit
- nn_nim: Added API GetECommerceInfrastructureCountry, MakeTitlePackageTaskConfigAutoUsingBgInstallPolicy and CalculateTitleInstallSize
- GX2: Added support for texture format R32_G32_UINT
How To Download CEMU 1.15.0?
Well, if you are a patreon backer then you must have already received the notification via email on how to download the latest update. For the rest of us, you will be able to download it from here in about a week’s time.
This is it for now, let us know in the comments what you think regarding CEMU 1.15.0 improvements.