CEMU 1.15.1 is now officially available for Patreon backers and it brings a ton of improvements to the currently highly popular WiiU Emulator, CEMU, from Wiimote and Audio improvements to new features and various bug fixes.
Currently, if you’re a backer on Patreon, you have access to this version of the emulator, it will become available for everyone else for free, on January 6th, which isn’t that far away.
The team over at CEMU has worked very hard to bring us with this update, and as always they’ve fixed various issues, introduced improvements and worked on new features for the Emulator.
You can read all the details about this update below, but the more significant ones include the ability to download community graphic packs from the Graphic Pack window, better support for the Wiimote has been added, and there is no sacrifice in overall gameplay and performance and support for older GPUs has been added so that you can toggle the support on any time through the command line.
CEMU 1.15.1 Release Notes
The full notes include
- debugger: Cemuhook code cave area can now be viewed in disassembly view
- gfxPacks: Graphic pack window now has an option to automatically download latest community packs
- gfxPacks: Cemu will now scan subfolders for graphic packs
- input: Replaced existing Wiimote library with our own implementation
This should bring the following improvements:
– Slightly better performance when using wiimotes
– Better support for wiimote extensions
– Easier to maintain and fix bugs in the future
- input: Wiimotes now include the connected extension type in the name in input settings
- input: Fixed issues with controller profile saving/loading when using certain UI languages
- input: Added support for native Wiimote classic controller extension
- input: Fixed blow microphone button
- padscore: Fixed acceleration values for wiimote in KPADRead()
- AX: Fixed bug where playback cursor could run out of bounds for ADPCM streams
- AX: Added snduser2.rpl HLE implementation
- AX: Fixed incorrect volume and delta calculation in snd_user
- AX: Added API AXSetVoiceSamplesAddr (snd_core and sndcore2)
- AX: Merged Cemu’s snd_core and sndcore2 driver code to simplify handling of sound internally
- GX2: Intel -nolegacy is now the default mode. Support for older Intel GPUs can now be enabled with -legacy command line option
- GX2: Nvidia GLcache will now be stored at /shaderCache/driver/nvidia/ with size limit disabled (if supported by driver)
- overlay: Fixed crash that could occur when the
- overlay was enabled but no stats were selected
- overlay: Fixed render state corruption
- nsysnet: Fixed rare crash in recvfrom_ex
While you’re here, make sure you read about the leak regarding the next Assassin’s Creed.
Are you a Patreon backer of CEMU? Did you get the CEMU 1.15.1 early? If not, are you excited about? Let us know in the comments below.