We know that Huawei did not release the official Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei P8 yet. A community member on XDA has made an unofficial Cyanogenmod 13 update for the Huawei P8.
Please note that this is not the official Android Nougat for Huawei P8. It is a custom ROM built by XDA community members. There are some known bugs in the ROM, you can check the official XDA developers page for this ROM to know about bugs and other stuff about this unofficial ROM.
Here is how you can install it on your Huawei P8.
Prerequisites to update Huawei P8 to Android 7.0 Nougat
Make sure to fulfill these requirements before you begin to update your Huawei P8 to Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Make sure you have official Android Marshmallow installed with latest OTA updates.
- Install the Huawei P8 USB drivers on your computer.
- Backup your data if you want to save it.
- Make sure your phone is rooted. If it is not, you can follow the guide here to root your Huawei P8.
- Enable USB debugging on your Huawei P8. (Settings> Developer options)
- Make sure you have more than 40% battery on your Huawei P8.
- Make sure a custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) is installed.
How to update Huawei P8 to Android 7.0 Nougat Cyanogenmod custom ROM
Make sure you have checked all the prerequisites mentioned above follow these simple steps.
- Download the Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM to your computer.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your Huawei P8 via a USB cable or by any other wireless medium.
- Power off the Huawei P8.
- Now boot into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power button simultaneously.
- Now factory reset the phone within the recovery (Wipe > Factory Reset).
- Now tap on install (or install from SD card, based on recovery) and locate the zip file you downloaded and press the power button to install it.
- Swipe to confirm the flash process.
- Your device will begin installing the Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Once you get the successfully installed message, restart your Huawei P8.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed the Android 7.0 Nougat on your Huawei P8. First boot might take some time ( even up to 15 minutes), so don’t panic and wait for your device to boot properly.
If you run into any problem during the install process, you can ask us in the comments section.