This guide will teach you how to root the Huawei P9 easily. Rooting your phone has many benefits. You can install custom ROMs on your phone and you can also modify the interface with admin access.
Huawei P9 is the flagship phone from the company and it comes with top notch specifications with an affordable price tag.
How to Root Huawei P9 with SuperSU
Here is the complete and easy guide to root your Huawei P9.
- The bootloader should be unlocked on your device. You can unlock the bootloader on your Huawei P9 by following this guide.
- Make sure the TWRP custom recovery is installed on your phone. You can install the TWRP custom recovery on your phone by following this guide.
- Make sure the ADB and USB drivers are installed on your PC. If they are not, you can install them by following this guide.
- Warranty of your device may no longer be valid if you unlock the bootloader.
- Make sure your phone is at least 40% charged.
- Enable USB debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlock in Settings>Developer Options.
Root your Phone
- Download SuperSU Root (SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip) to your computer.
- Transfer the file to your phone with a data cable.
- Now disconnect the phone from your PC and turn it off.
- Once the phone is off, Enter Recovery Mode (TWRP Recovery) by pressing POWER BUTTON and VOLUME DOWN BUTTON together.
- Search for the file you just copied to your phone. Press volume down button to navigate down and volume up button to navigate up and press the power button to select.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- The installation process will begin.
- Wait for the installation to complete and select “reboot”.
That’s it. Your phone is now rooted. You can now install custom ROMs on your phone. If you run into any problem during the process, you can ask us in the comments section below.