Huawei Honor 8 was released in July last year. This phone comes with amazing specifications. It has a dual 12 MP, f/2.2 camera and 4 GB RAM with 64 GB internal storage. The chipset is company’s own HiSilicon Kirin 950 with Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex A53) CPU and Mali-T880 MP4 GPU. The Huawei Honor 8 supports a Micro SD card up to 256 GB.
In this guide, we will tell you how to install the TWRP custom recovery on your Huawei Honor 8. Installing a custom recovery has many benefits. It will let you root your phone and you’ll be able to install the custom ROMs on your phone easily. Custom ROMs give you many extra features that the stock ROM does not.
How to install TWRP Custom Recovery on Huawei Honor 8
Follow this simple guide to download and install TWRP on Huawei Honor 8.
- The bootloader should be unlocked on your device. You can unlock the bootloader on your Huawei Honor 8 by following this guide.
- Make sure the ADB and USB drivers are installed on your PC. If they are not, you can install them by following this guide.
- Warranty of your device may no longer be valid if you unlock the bootloader.
- Make sure your phone is at least 40% charged.
- Enable USB debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlock in Settings>Developer Options.
- Download twrp-3.0.2-0-frd.img file (22.25 MB) from this link.
- Transfer the downloaded file to your phone with a USB cable.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Now go to the same folder where you installed the ADB in the above section.
- Press shift+right click and click on “Open Command Prompt window here”.
- Type the following command and press enter.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will now reboot and enter into the bootloader mode.
- When in bootloader mode, type the following command and press enter.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-frd.img
That’s it. The TWRP custom recovery is now installed on your phone. You can now safely restart your phone and enter the TWRP recovery mode any time by pressing Volume Down + Power keys together.