Finally the date has come. And so does Windows 8.1 Update 1!!! Back at Build’s Event, Microsoft unveiled Windows 8.1 Update 1. The update will bring the metro apps on desktop and some other features too. The update has already been rolled out to MSDN subscribers. They can download the update here.
But now, the wait is OVER. The update has started rolling out to different regions across the Globe. You can do so by heading to Start Screen. Launch PC Settings and under Update and recovery, check to find the update. If the update is still now available, you can download the update for free through direct links mentioned in the post.
Download Windows 8.1 Update 1 from Direct Links:
If you have not got the update yet, you can just get the update by following the steps below:
- First of all, create a restore point so that you can revert back if stuck anywhere.
- Now, download the Windows 8.1 Update 1 patches considering your PC hardware. Here are the Official Windows 8.1 Update 1 links:
If any of the link goes down, you can go to comments below for the new links or can search web for getting links.
- After downloading all the patches, start installing each one by one. The packages should be installed in this order:
- Your PC will reboot several times during the process. So don’t lose patience.
- Wait till the process completes.
As the installation completes, you will see Windows 8.1 Update 1 running on your PC. Here are some of the screenshots of my PC running Windows 8.1 Update 1 after it got updated:
So have you got the update now? Share your experience of using Windows 8.1 Update with us. Got some other download links? Do mention in comments below.